Jman7290

Hydro oil change

Jman7290

How often do you guys change the oil in your Hydro's? Anyone know the part number to the oil filter on a C160? Or a oil filter cross reference for it?

Kevbo

All the hydro transmission filters are the same. It has been recommended to me when I asked this question last week that you put a genuine TORO/Wheel Horse filter on the hydro. I just ordered one this week off of ebay. Now if you are refering to a engine oil filter, then I am unsure. :text-welcomewave:

Cable

Consider changing out the drain plug with a regular pipe plug of the same thread. I drill the pipe plug all most through and insert a cylindrical magnet. It seems to collect ferrous material that the filer misses.

• Like 1

Trouty56

Consider changing out the drain plug with a regular pipe plug of the same thread. I drill the pipe plug all most through and insert a cylindrical magnet. It seems to collect ferrous material that the filer misses.

Cool idea!!

squonk

Napa 1410 Hyrdaulic/power trasmission filter made by Wix. It's on the shelf,no ordering, cheaper and every bit as good if not better than Toro

shallowwatersailor

On my 518xi, I bought some cheap magnets from HF and stuck them on the Hydro Filter and Engine Filter. There is not a normal drain plug on the Kohler so I needed an alternative. I have been using magnetic drain plugs on my vehicles for over fifteen years.

32c2994b-615d-4232-a23d-ee37f13d1846_zps0faf68cb.jpgd1fea82d-92bf-4e69-9fda-d34faaf22c57_zps76180ba1.jpg

Machria

Much easier method, get a $2 super magnet on ebay, then simply stick it on the bottom of the drain plug. It will hold everything on the inside of the drain plug (aka magnatize drain plug). ;)

Jman7290

How often do you guys change your engine oil and your hydro oil?

Kevbo

I change engine oil every 25 hours. 30W during most of the seasons and 10W-30 in winter. (below 0 degress is then 5W-30)

I live in Pennsylvania and have access to this oil: http://www.penngrade1.com/ I use this due to the added zinc. It really works well :handgestures-thumbupright:

I read in my 1075 manual that hyrdo oil and filter is to be changed every 500 hours or every 2 years.

• Like 1

608KEB

I change filter and oil every year. I figure it's cheaper than having the transmission fail. I change manual transmissions every 2-3 years. Moisture can collect inside. It cost me about $10.00 for the manuals and about $20.00 for the hydro. Engine oil I change in the spring and fall with the suggested weight oil.

Aldon

Found these magnetic plugs on Amazon for Harley application. These are pricey but they also have them for as little as 10 bucks.

Same thread as Hydro drain plug. 

Hs has anyone went this route?

not sure they are short enough.

image.jpg

Edited by Aldon

shallowwatersailor

I have both Dimple brand and Gold Plug magnetic on my tractors and vehicles. You would be surprised at what they pickup even though there is a filter.

• Like 1