Sign in to follow this  
FarmallH

RM-425 Bearing

FarmallH

Gentlemen. I recently inherited a Wheel Horse 1055 with a RM-425 mower deck that was purchased new by my wife's grandfather. Both are in excellent origional condition, always shedded with slightly faded origional paint. After very little tinkering with it last winter I used it to mow with all last summer. The old K241,10 horse Kohler which has never been apart ran great with excellent power and miminal oil usage. My problem arose late in the mowing season when one of the bearings on the front mower drive shaft got very noisey and spit out a couple of bearing balls. The bearing would be number 75 in the RM-425 parts diagram. Anyway I would like to replace the bearing on both ends of the shaft but an internet search came up blank as well as calls to several local Toro dealers. The Wheel Horse part number is 5954. Does anybody have a source for these or someone that I could call? It might be a relatively easy bearing to cross at a bearing house but none are really close to me. I'd hate not to be able to use this fine piece of equipment for lack of a couple of bearings. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

sorekiwi

Welcome to RS.

I just had a look at the parts diagram for that deck, and I am fairly sure I have never seen one of those bearings. Seems like Wheel Horse did use it in quite a few places though. I also see it was superceeded to #110115, but that too has been discontinued.

Both Motion Industries and Applied have online catalogs that you can search by dimensions. It may be worth sitting down with some calipers and seeing if something matches. I am sure that something can be made to work, even if it involves sleeving down an inside diameter or similar.

I'm glad that you are trying to keep this old girl going. She will reward you for a little TLC every now and again.

TT

:WRS:

I had good intentions of looking at mine earlier, but I never made it to the shop.

Mine has had "generic" two bolt flange mount bearings installed - similar to these: http://www.surplusce...name=powerTrans

The only bearing assembly I have found that's close to the original in appearance is made by Dayton (1A402): http://www.drillspot...ed_ball_bearing

I did find a not-so-good picture of mine:

post-33-0-79416500-1360721177_thumb.png