Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

My New Horse Hauler... Enclosed 6x12

Don1977

The way I would check to see if you have enough  clearance is to hitch up the trailer and jack  up one trailer axle.  Not sure what type of pivot you have between the springs.

With the center pivots as you jack one axle the other goes down you can also tell have much difference in height between the axles.  On my utility trailer I have 3" of travel and can cross a 6" high curb and have all four wheels on the ground.

stevebo

Here she is hooked up to the puller. I did as much as I could at this point. When the weather gets warmer in a month or more I will coat the roof and most likely paint the sides white after doing some bodywork to fix the dents. I think the position of the fenders are fine as well :bow-blue:

post-734-0-52424100-1364858792_thumb.jpg

fireman

Now if that Chevy doesn't die on the way down you'll be all set  :hide:

stevebo

Excuse me Jeff but it is a GMC! lol I know I hope it makes the trip.... I may have to pull it down with the s10 blazer....

Ken B

Now if that Chevy doesn't die on the way down you'll be all set  :hide:

Man that is some funny chit right there! Been there done that! :laughing-rolling:

Steve that setup looks sweet! You did a fantastic job on both. All ya need to do now is mount some cattle horns on the hood and cut a side window in the trailer to sell concessions at the Big Show! I'll take a large Cherry sno-cone. :icecream:

Edited by Ken B

stevebo

Horns ...... I'll give you the horns pal! By the time you and Fireman get to the show all the ice will be melted....lol :ychain:

fireman

Don't forget I won't be there. You'll have pick up one of Martino's books for me  :notworthy: