Sign in to follow this  
thehorse

Spindle housing 78350 42rd

SCOOBY 312-h

hahaha terry our cost is around 45 bucks for the housing 114568. we do have the whole thing here too and its 111726 our price 127.95

BOWTIE

WHEN I FIRST STARTED REBUILDING THESE SPINDLES I DAMAGE A FEW PULLIES. I COULD STRAIGHTEN THEM PRETTY GOOD. IF YOU DON'T GET THEM RIGHT THE TENSION BAR MOVES QUITE A BIT WHEN ENGAGED. IF YOU HAVE MORE TIME THEN MONEY YOU CAN MAKE WORK. I USE A COUPLE OF DEEP WELL SOCKETS AND A VISE A TIGHTEN THEM AND WORK YOUR WAY AROUND THE PULLEY. JUST KEEP CHECKING IT AS YOU GO.

BOWTIE IN OHIO

thehorse

Bowie,

From looking at the diagram, not sure where the trouble getting the pulley off comes from. Is it after removing the bolt, the pulley is kind of gaulded on the spindle?

BOWTIE

WHEN YOU SAY REMOVING THE BOLT DO YOU MEAN THE NUT? THE PULLEY SHOULD SPIN ONCE THE NUT IS REMOVED. IF NOT THAT WHEN YOU NEED THE IMPACT,HEAT AND PENETRATING OIL.

DO YOU HAVE THE DOUBLED SHAFTS OR KEYED PULLEYS. IF YOU DO MY PROCESS WON'T WORK AT ALL.

BOWTIE

Duff

Agree with Bowtie above completely - the only thing I would add is I use stainless bolts with the blue threadlocker. Seems to help in an environment that is pretty tough on metal even with good cleaning practices.

Duff  :thumbs:

• Excellent 1