Sign in to follow this  
jay in nc

vintage chainsaws & more stuff saved from scrap!

jay in nc

was over at my wifes homeplace& got to talking with the next door neighbor. seems his dad died a couple of years ago & they were cleaning out the shop & loading a trailer to go to the scrap yard. the first thing i noticed was a cat 0 back blade & molboard plow , then there was a box full of big old homelite super wiz & super 77 parts saws. so i asked if he'd sell that stuff. he said no but i could have it! post-4393-0-34489500-1360454691.jpgpost-4393-0-53035900-1360454719.jpg well a couple of weeks go buy and today i went over to pick the stuff up. his friend said they found some other saw stuff in the shop. turns out it was 3 boxes of NOS. parts! there are carbs, air cleaners, sprockets, rings, clutches, gastanks, cylinders,recoils,wrenches,plugcovers,oilers,fuel filters and a lot more. all he wanted was the wooden ammo boxes back! so i had 3 of the boxes already so i took him my boxes. the parts are for poulan & homelite saws from the late 50s-to early 60s his dad was the mechanic fo a big timber co. in smithfield nc. post-4393-0-70917000-1360455511.jpgpost-4393-0-39588500-1360455536.jpg lastly last week CRE1992 posted about his stihl saws, & he saw my antique maculogh & homelite saws so here are pics of them. one of the macs is a super rare worm drive saw. it's the one in the back. the red & green homelite is also a rare one. it's a underwater saw for cutting cyprus in the swamps. when you lay the saw down to cut horizontaly you press a button and the rt. handle & the carb twist back to upright. it also has a cable recoil not a rope. i bought this saw in the parking lot at the whcc show in 2004 enjoy the pictures & if you know anyone who needs the poulan parts pm me. Thanks Jay

post-4393-0-17852500-1360455750.jpg

post-4393-0-61095800-1360455766.jpg

• Like 1

CRE1992

Nice saws and a good story! I love the macs and homelites! Too bad they don't make them like they used to. Damn EPA!! Good finds im jealous!

KC9KAS

Good find. You can't beat prices like that! :happy-partydance:

Rollerman

Nice find, those old bow saws sure look nasty.

Wheel-N-It

Jay, those NOS saw engine parts are cool!

Dang Jay, you find the BEST STUFF!

Edited by Wheel-N-It