Sign in to follow this  
Retired Wrencher

I think I have a 1964 Kohler??

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh: I have a K181 with a S/N# 8223219 if I remember correctly engines with no letters are 1964 and down from there. Let me know if this correct because I am going Thru terry to get a spec plate decal made for it. I have a pick I blew it up as far as I could and it looks like an 8 not a B that would make it a 1966. here is the first of 2 take care all. Gary B...... IDTagsonKohlers005_zpsb441b017.jpgIDTagsonKohlers004_zps611d66ab.jpg

64s

I can't comment about the serial numbers, but the spec number corresponds to a 1966 Wheel Horse. My 64's have a 30108A spec number, and my 66 has the 30108D spec number. Of course that doesn't guarantee when the engine was manufactured, only when used, but I'd guess its either a 65 or 66 manufacture model.

TT

That spec # was only used on 1966/67 models, so the serial number has to begin with "B". (B223219)

Spec # 30108A was used on the 854 and 855/875 models. From what I have gathered so far, they had either a six-digit (all numbers) serial number beginning with "8" or "9", or the letter "A" followed by six numbers.

Retired Wrencher

Hi I am not doubting what you said is true. But if u blow up the picture like I can it does look like an 8 not a B but I guess the spec #`s tells the story thanks Gary B......................

dbartlett1958

When I look at it I see a "B". The left hand edge of the letter/number appears to be a straight line, not curved as the "8" would be.

Anglo Traction

My eyes ain't so good these days. I felt it looked like an '8', so I resized the image, then I compared it to the '8' in the Spec number, I reckon it's a 'B' or should be. .......................Probably used a tired Letter Punch!.