Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Blizzard 2013 before and after pictures

squonk

Snow blowers can be a PITA but at times they are the cat's meow! :)

stevebo

Looks like you had lots of fun Mike :ychain: I was on snow blower duty today as well however I had the benefit of having a cab to keep the snow and wind from hitting me in the face. It was kinda funny to see the neighbors with the walk behinds with all the high winds hitting them hard and I was kinda toasty.... :happy-partydance:

Docwheelhorse

Hello All, well I didnt finish digging everything out that I wanted too.... but tommorrow is another day. The C141 got stuck blowing a path towards my workshop and I didnt have it in me to fight with it for the 3rd time.... It will be there in the morning and maybe I can get Sparky to help drag it out :eusa-think: .... Here is a pic of the fleet after I finished clearing the driveway and a couple paths, the sun had come out and it was just a nice pic. I hope everybody is OK and that no equipment got wrecked fighting this mess.

Tony

post-435-0-92707100-1360446968_thumb.jpg

Edited by Docwheelhorse
  • Like 2

855ownerJoel

OK I am impressed and to say you guys got pounded with snow in CT! I was content with the 6 inches that we received. Nice snow crew Tony.

stevasaurus

This was the kind of snow you had to keep up with...if you could. Too much for the horses in most cases...you need some where to push it. :) Anybody with out power with this storm? :bow-blue:

BTW...I spent the day ice fishing...got a nice northern. :woohoo:

Edited by stevasaurus

redidbull

The Horse kinda let me down a today. Not even the fact it was stuck but it has been running awesome til today when I needed her she all of a sudden just stalls.. Then I left the key on and the batt is dead. :*****: Jim

Sparky

The C141 got stuck blowing a path towards my workshop and I didnt have it in me to fight with it for the 3rd time.... It will be there in the morning and maybe I can get Sparky to help drag it out :eusa-think: ...

Tony

I'll get her out with ya tomorrow!

Mike............

Docwheelhorse

See!!! I knew Sparky would read the post! :greetings-clappingyellow: Has anyone else noticed how easy it is to get one of these tractors stuck if you don't back out EXACTLY in the same tracks that you drove in on..... the stoopid blower wing caught the snow and dragged all the snow in front of the left front tire and created a wheel chock. The first two times I kicked and screamed and dragged and shoveled till I got it out------the last time I reached over, turned it off and said Eff This!!!

lol

Thanks Mike

Tony

squonk

I didn't have that happen this time but in times past clearing the initial path I would go in like 10 feet then back out then take another half swath. Keep doing that until you get to the end. Hard to keep it straight in reverse and see trying to turn your head with all the snow gear on.

Tim

yes it does suck, i have found that if the snow is deep, if you go about half a tractor, back out then take another swath about one and a half to two blowers wide, you won't get stuck

that did not work today i was making a path to my shed, about 80 feet across my lawn

the snow was so deep that i had to take raise the blower take a swath then go back and get what i ran over to get the other half

still had trouble and the front tires got caught up in the 5-6 inches i ran over.

well, when the rears spun a little, the tractor shifted to the left and now i'm wedged into a 2 foot snow bank. I was on a slight side hill...

tried to pull it out with another WH and it could not

said screw it. just kept going forward and slowly made an area so i could turn around and get out

hard to get to mad, today was "historic" and in the end i made out better than most

sometimes i think that if the blower was wider, this would not happen

you could just use a slower ground speed...

Docwheelhorse

Hi Tim,

that describes exactly what was happening.... and I also think if the blower was wider it wouldn"t happen.

Tony

nylyon

Here's the after.

post-5-0-65326500-1360463993_thumb.jpg

We didn't get as much as I would have liked. All in all about 14" and not much for drifts. The 414 had some trouble pushing it, so the Toro blower did much of the work.

baerpath

Hi Tim,

that describes exactly what was happening.... and I also think if the blower was wider it wouldn"t happen.

Tony

Thats why I like the 2 stage extra width and hight.

post-121-0-19750300-1360465950_thumb.jpg

Wheel-N-It

That don't look like no Global Warming to me! :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Docwheelhorse

Reverse Polish Global Warming! At least thats what Al Gore told me... :banghead:

and before anybody starts looking up my address--- it was a joke and theres plenty of Polish blood running through my veins thanks to mom!

Yah my name is Anthony but thats what happens when dads family is Italian and your named after him (Im the III and my son is the IV)

Tony

tractorbeast

Put a snow cab on my C120 equipped with a snow blade, and you guessed it-NO SNOW in Ohio. The weather patterns sure have changed ( well some snow, 3 inches doesnt count when you want to plow)

Amanda

My snow fall :)

post-5815-0-41152400-1361233012_thumb.jppost-5815-0-75153600-1361233034_thumb.jppost-5815-0-34096500-1361233061_thumb.jppost-5815-0-57466100-1361233106_thumb.jp