Sign in to follow this  
bell

Offroading

bell

I also enjoy building/ wheeling off road rigs... I started building suzuki samurais and it evolved into a total addiction. B)

Here is my newest project...

A 2001 Chevy Tracker (made by suzuki and sold by Chevy)

Toyota mini truck axles with 5.71 ring and pinions..

Samurai 4:1 transfer case

Full custom suspension built/ designed by myself

37"x14"-15" Interco Swamper Irok tires on 15"x10" **** Cepek DC-1 wheels

I built this so I could take the whole family with me when I go wheeling... My old samurai was a bit unsafe with the kids in the back...

here's what I started with... totalled with 21,000 original miles

bel%5B1%5D.JPG

Here it is completed at the Badlands Off-Road Park in Attica, Indiana

zookimelt2008_004.jpg

zookimelt2008_026_%28Custom%29.jpg

zookimelt2008_008.jpg

nylyon

Not my choice of vehicle (I'm a Jeep guy), but Outstanding job! Never saw a Tracker flex like that! Very nice work.

bell

Not my choice of vehicle (I'm a Jeep guy), but Outstanding job! Never saw a Tracker flex like that! Very nice work.

Thank you... It does have Jeep leaf springs... B)

KyBlue

Great Work manship it looks like... Good Looking finished product anyhow.

Im more into the Mud Thing Myself..

BairleaFarm

Good lookin truck. I guess ill call it a truck B)

refracman

Nice job on the truck. Looks like It'll go some places too. B)

Brings back memories of when i was into offroading myself.

Belonged to Toledo 4 Wheelers, maybe you've heard of them? We use to have 34 arces to play on. Even did some boggin and obstical raceing.

Have Fun and keep it shiney side up :whistle:

wh500special

Here it is completed at the Badlands Off-Road Park in Attica, Indiana

Wow, you were in my neck of the woods. I live about 9 miles west of there in West Lebanon. Kiddo #1 goes to Attica Elementary...

Next time you're in the area after a big rain, cross the Wabash and swing into Williamsport to see the tallest waterfall in the state. 93 feet I think (not terribly impressive, but it is the town's claim to fame). And while you're in Warren County marvel at the complete lack of ANY stoplights in the county and all the dirt roads...i guess there's a reason for our low taxes here. We do have a kick-butt library though.

Only drove out by the badlands once to gawk (I'm not into off roading but admit I'd probably be hooked if I ever tried it) and didn't explore much past the gates. The Badlands is a huge revenue generator for the ER at the hospital in Williamsport...and, unfortunately, a gentleman from LaGrange was killed in an ATV accident at the park over the Labor Day holiday. So, be careful.

On a brighter note, I sometimes see concept vehicles being hauled/driven to the park on their way through Attica. A couple years ago there was a fleet of Jeep Liberties at the Pizza Hut in town with MI manufacturer plates. Most were diesels that I suppose they brought down to evaluate and compare with the gassers. Another time I saw some well-dressed Asian gentlemen get out of a battered Acura SUV that was wearing all kinds of cloth camoflage at the Marathon in town. And, last fall I passed a convoy of 20-30 Ford pickups also draped in camo on their way into Attica on SR28. I guess they were the upcoming '09 F150's being put through their paces on the trails.

From what I understand, the park is quite a big deal in the world of off roading.

As I recall, there is a WH parked at that ATV/motorcycle dealership near the entrance to the park. never inquired about it though.

Always keep your radar on.

Steve

hodge

You've got some mad fabricating skills there, Bell. I am into Jeeps too, but I sure do admire anybody any 4WD that is well built and capable- and anybody who can make something substantial out of a Sidekick!

I had an 89 Samurai, and wish that I had never gotten rid of it. 32 mpg, and tough as nails.

I travel as often as I can to Haiti, where you can still buy new Samurai's (the Jimny). I have also seen a Chevy Tracker, which was an Isuzu Trooper with the Chevy bowtie on it (one of their international versions), and a Jeep Grand Cherokee with an intercooled diesel in it. The rest of the world gets all kinds of cool autos that we don't have here...

Anyways, you are a real craftsman!

Keep sharing those projects with us!

bell

Thanks for the compliments! It was a labor of love.... I burnt up 4, 10lb spools of wire on this one... I thought I knew how to weld before this project... now I KNOW that I know how to weld... :banghead:

The Samurais are great! I've had about 10 of them... Here's a couple of my old ones that I built....

ZAGENTORANGE.jpg

firstzuk.JPG

ZRAMP_ZM_06.jpg

bell

100_2889.jpeg

100_2888.jpeg

jusjeepn

Jon, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your now famous in two of your hobbies! :hide: You made the best 4 wheel rag around!