Sign in to follow this  
posifour11

getting to know each other.

rmaynard

Don't forget, you can also go to RedSquare Member Pictures to put a face to a name. http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/35-redsquare-member-pictures/

• Like 3

whc160

My name is Mike,

I will be 35 in April. Been married for 12 years with two sons ages 4 & 7. Started working on a farm when in high school. My real interest was semi trucks. Started working in a garage for a trucking company my junior year. Went to diesel college & then decided that I wanted to drive them. Got my CDL & hit the road for 5 years. Then went back to working on them & moved up. I still work on them, but do service & parts most of the time.

Of course I like using & working on my :wh:'s . I was in 4H for 11 years & now I have been volunteering for 4H for 12 years. It is a really good program for kids. In the summer I attend alot of county fairs along with truck & tractor pulls. Not into sports, just a gear head.

• Like 8

Martin

ive been holding out on this thread and just sitting back and having a read.......

but, i guess now its my turn to spill the beans......

im martin, 44 years old, (feel older), been married since '99 to my wonderful wife, jeanine, have 5 kids, (2 stepdaughters 24 and 22, 2 stepsons 21 and 18 and kent, our son together who is 12 and if he starts behaving himself might make it to 13....). only the 18 year old and kent at home now, the rest have flown the coop. :thumbs:

im a paint coordinator for a surface finishing company, we do blasting, vibratory, ultrasonic cleaning and powder coating amongst other things. been with them since early 2000.....

i moved to this country in '99 from australia, having lived there all my life. i was a carpenter back home, did that for roughly 15 years, working mostly heavy construction and multistory buildings. just couldnt handle the winters here to work out side so i migrated inside to a sweatbox with heat to die for in the summer months......still, the heat i can handle, just cant bear the cold.....

my main interest back home was restoring cars, also did a bit of car flipping to fund my hobby.

i met jeanine online, back when chat rooms were virtually unheard of, we communicated for a couple of months, she came over to visit, then i came over here to visit and ended up staying here. we married soon after..... i havent been back since, miss the family back home something terrible at times, but im making the most of what i have here and am very happy with my family life....

i dabbled with the cars a little since moving here, but just couldnt get into the restoration again with the commitments of a family with 5 kids growing up. i parted 81-87 full size gm trucks for a few years but it started to get harder to make a $ and started looking for 'smaller' interests. the tractors came along after a bit of interest in small outdoor power equipment, snowblowers, tillers, any small engine stuff. by now we were getting a little more comfortable with finances and kids were starting to move out. so i had a little more $ for an interest and the tractors started to take off. my first was the 1054 and as they say the rest is history. most, if not all of my experiences with these great little tractors is documented on here in one way or another..........

and i have a bad habit of writing in lower case.......

Edited by Martin
  • Like 9

Ken B

Ken B here. 44 yrs. old and still counting. I grew up in a family full of gear heads, so naturally I'm a gear head. I have been toying with tractors since I was about 12 yrs. old. It was always fun when the kids in the neighborhood were trying to catch my LAWN TRACTOR with their go cart!

Fresh out of trade school where I took auto shop for 4 yrs. I worked with one of my older brothers in the remodeling trade for a few yrs. When things got slow there I went to work for another older brother who owned his own electrical business for 4 yrs. Things slowed down there and that is where I began my time in the automotive field. I worked for a Chevy dealer as a Tech working mostly on trucks. I was there for at least 10 yrs. when I had had enough of flat rate and warranty work. I had a friend that offered me a job at the local mall as a service tech. I took care of all of the electrical maint. and upkeep of all of the malls plow trucks, pay loaders and general equipment. When a job was offered at Edelman Leather I took it. I'm the building supervisor, the only service and maint. tech and I build the companies trade show sets (which are large and in charge!) For all of my efforts I was awarded Employee of the yr. 2 yrs ago! Woo Hoo! Not too shabby for a company that has well over 125 employees.

I'm big time into my hobbies. I have been there, done that, and I am finished with the muscle car hobby. I enjoy restoring vintage race boats and antique outboard motors. I enjoy the Wheel Horse hobby more than any other hobby I have ever taken up. I love the tractors but I think above all else it is the guys I have the most fun with.

I have been married for 19 yrs. now. I have two great sons, Jesse is 18 and is away at college in Philly taking up architecture and Cole is 10. We have one dog, a real naughty Beagle.

• Like 8

squonk

Your beagle and mine must be related :roll: