Sign in to follow this  
lowboy

tecumseh fuel pump

lowboy

hello all, new guy from NY here;

i recently acquired a charger 10 (model 1-7931) with the tecumsuck hh100 (115095b). the previous owner stopped using it b/c it "smoked and then died one day". the fuel tank was full of diesel fuel, as was the bowl. it is now up and running with little work. anyways, the previous owner was gravity feeding the carb from the fuel tank, and bypassing the mechanical fuel pump. it is not getting enough fuel to run properly, and stalls constantly whenever its not on flat ground; i can see an air bubble in the fuel line.

i cant seem to find a repair kit for this fuel pump. it is not a pulse pump, its mechanically driven. i had a walbro fuel pump kit (K1), but the gaskets are wayy too big and not even close to being correct. the gaskets look like the ones show in this thread: , but since i cant see the rest of the pump, i cant be sure. the gasket on mine is almost square. anyone know where i can get a rebuild kit?

TT

:WRS:

Unless you're trying to keep things original, I'd think seriously about converting to a modern pulse pump. (like eBay item # 330760329739)

You can make a ported block-off plate for the mechanical fuel pump location to "power" the pump.

lowboy

im certainly not going for originality here. so in theory; remove mechanical pump, make block-off plate with a hole in it, stick hose into hole and use it "power" the pulse pump? thats it?

TT

Yes - that's it.

This is a "factory" block-off plate for a Kohler:

fuelpumpplate003.jpg

If you make the block-off plate thick enough, you can tap it for a barbed fitting like this: http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/Hose-Barb-6AFH3

• Like 1

lowboy

wow, thats great. thanks for the help. ill swing by napa after work

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh::WRS::party::text-welcomeconfetti::text-worthless: I hope u enjoy this site. A lot of help here to guide you along. Take care Gary B...................