Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

550 Ark Loader stands

Brrly1

Hello everyone, it's been awhile. I am looking for either a pair to buy or possibly some measurements so I could possibly build a set. I have come across a D200 here recently, actually its pretty nice. 455 hrs bla bla bla. Will try to post pictures soon. Anyways that what I am up to at the present time. Have as Great day

MalMac

Brlly1 I have got some stands that I got for my 550 but they turned out to be the ones that hook in lower on the loader than the ones that hook into the holes on the upper part of the lifting arms. I think the ones I have are for the D series.

• Like 1

pfrederi

If you want to go cheap I made these for my D200's Ark loader. Make sure the 2x4s are long enough that the turning brake pedals can go under the loader posts. My d 200 is currently getting a pump and hydro motor replacement.

a88fd8234735521.jpg 555c52234735655.jpg

• Like 1

Shuboxlover

I have a pair....I'll try to get you some measurements!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

JamesBe1

If you want to go cheap I made these for my D200's Ark loader. Make sure the 2x4s are long enough that the turning brake pedals can go under the loader posts. My d 200 is currently getting a pump and hydro motor replacement.

a88fd8234735521.jpg 555c52234735655.jpg

Hahaha. I see that I am not alone in jerry-rigging. They look very much like the ones I made. I'll see if I can grab a pic or two to share.

JamesBe1

Here is my meagre contribution to the world of loader stands.

Notice that I did not make them tall enough and had to put some wood under them to clear the front tires.

I recall that there was barely any room on the sides to get past the wheels. I will need to make the arms longer next time.

I could have done way better, but I was eager to get the loader off of the tractor so I could fix the engine. Maybe this spring I'll make a better pair.

BTW, how does anyone make them high enough so that the loader frame clears the tires, but short enough to attach them to the loader frame? I had to raise the loader frame up by hand and then install them. It was kinda a pain. No, it was exactly a pain if I recall.

pfrederi

James I will try to remember to measure my 2x4s today as they now clear the front wheels and turning brake pedals. I just slide the rods into the loops with the 2x4s flopped out to the front. Then stand on the tractor and lift the loader by the cross bar. As the frame goes up the 2x4s swing back to vertical

pfrederi

The rods are 25.5 inches from the ground, and the inside edge of the 2x4 is 6" out from the frame base.

JamesBe1

James I will try to remember to measure my 2x4s today as they now clear the front wheels and turning brake pedals. I just slide the rods into the loops with the 2x4s flopped out to the front. Then stand on the tractor and lift the loader by the cross bar. As the frame goes up the 2x4s swing back to vertical

The rods are 25.5 inches from the ground, and the inside edge of the 2x4 is 6" out from the frame base.

Thanx Paul. I kinda figured that lifting the cross bar and allowing the 2x4's to swing into place was the way to go (it sure isn't light). So how to you swing them out of the way when you attach the loader to the tractor? I have a feeling that I am about to feel stupid. I was kinda picturing a string or rope to pull them up and then let the loader down.

Also thanx for the dimensions. I will be cutting new boards this spring. I like the way you put the rods in lengthwise to give them more strength. BTW, what did you use for rods? I needed stands, and was pondering it when I happened upon some rather long threaded bolts in my garage and the lightbulb went off. I didn't feel like going out and buying anything special, so I just slapped everything together.

j

pfrederi

Down is a bit harder. I use a hoe or stick to sort of push them forward alternating sides a small bit at a time while I support the cross member.

Without checking it is just 1/2" (I am pretty sure) steel rod from the hardware store

JamesBe1

Down is a bit harder. I use a hoe or stick to sort of push them forward alternating sides a small bit at a time while I support the cross member.

Without checking it is just 1/2" (I am pretty sure) steel rod from the hardware store

I think I'll attach a long piece of string or twine and lift the cross bar and pull them up out of the way. Not sure when I am going to get around to attaching the loader to the tractor. Can't wait till spring gets here. I'll let you know if it works.