Sign in to follow this  
Indy443

Installing Attachments

Indy443

Hi folks,

I have just purchased a 1992, low hour, 312-8 that came with three attachments: a brand new, single stage snow blower, mow deck, bagger system and Bolens dump trailer. The snow blower came hooked up and seems to work beautifully (we received a few inches of snow the day after bringing it home and it passed the first test with flying colors). Yesterday I picked up a brand new snow/dozer blade and a set of wheel weights, so the attachment cache is coming along nicely.

The gentleman who I bought the tractor from did not show or explain how to install/un-install any of the attachments, only saying that it's very simple and should take only minutes to do.

The thing is, I learn best visually and especially after watching the process done correctly, the first time. I was wondering if there has been posts made with detailed instructions and photos of how to attach all the different attachments? Or better yet, any instructional videos out there? I have done some search and have been able to glean some information but if anyone can point me in the direction for this I would be very appreciative.

Thank you-

546cowboy

If you have the manuals they will show you how to install the attachments. You will need the model numbers on the snow blower, deck, blade and then you may be able to get the manuals from Toro. :WRS:

stevasaurus

Check out this link for the snow blade info...also, there is lots of how tos in the FAQ section, the Instructional and How To sections on the main page. :)

Indy443

If you have the manuals they will show you how to install the attachments. You will need the model numbers on the snow blower, deck, blade and then you may be able to get the manuals from Toro. :WRS:

Thanks for the reply. No manuals came with any of the attachments, or with the tractor. I understand that they are simple once you have hooked them up once or twice. I just want to do it right the first time.

Don1977

Check our manuals section you should find all the information you need. The hitch and "Tack-a -matic" systems have not changed since 1973.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/