Sign in to follow this  
posifour11

help me decide which horse to restore

posifour11

I'm wanting to do a restore just for shows but I'm kinda at a crossroads. I really like the looks of the 70's C series. I have 3 of these; a C-160, C-141 and 12 auto. I lump the no name in there since it looks the same.

Anyway, of course, I want my the best of both worlds by using the 160 and 12 auto for work. That leaves me with the 141 strictly for show, if i can pull off the looks.

Any thoughts, pro or con, would be helpful. I have not done any restores. This will be my first.

Thanks

Sparky

Makes no difference which you do and since you want the 160 and 12 auto for "chores" its a no brainer to do the 141. In the end I dont think any of them would be worth a whole lot more than the others all restored nor would any of them cost more than the others to restore so theres not a $$ issue or question either.

Just my opinion...

Mike..............

posifour11

That's kinda what i was thinking. I want them all to get a good going over eventually. But, i want one to be pretty for a while.

Ken B

For your first restore you might consider choosing the one that will require the least amount of work and money invested. Unless you need the extra 2 hp as a worker I'd consider restoring the C-160 first. I think that one might be the one that is a little more rare than the others and a little more sought after. Anyway, have fun!

Shuboxlover

Those are my favorite years too!!!

Which ever you decide, it'll be the right one ;)

Tankman

Restore the C-160, a working show :wh:!

Plenty of power for work, nice enough to show.

posifour11

Man oh man. I'll have to stew on this. The 160 is easily in the best shape.

They will all wind up being workers, but i was thinking about doing one a year to take to a show then put it to work when i get it home.

Whmaverick

Personally I work from worst to best meaning the one that looks worst I do next that way your keeping the herd with the best foot forward so to speak. You got three of the great "heyday" horses, which ever you choose is the right one. Just have fun and don't skimp on the pics, you got one chance to document it. We won't complain about to many pics posted either.

bowtieguy

Bring one or two of your horses to the Ottawa, KS show this year....just like they are....you may decide to leave them in their original skin....they get more attention than the shinieeeeee trailer queens......just ask Larry in MO.......hope to see you at the show in Sep....look for me on an ole "beater".....

posifour11

Oh, I'll be at Ottawa. I still need to get up your way too.