Sign in to follow this  
Jake Kuhn

lawn ranger throttle and choke cables

Jake Kuhn

Hi everyone, Does anyone know where I can purchase new throttle and choke cables for a 67 lawn ranger? If anyone knows I would really appreciate the help. Thanks, Jake

Kelly

The ones I got off Ebay are junk, I did get some from Chuck a vendor at the Charlotte show and they are pretty nice so far, I'll see if I have his contact info.

rmaynard

Dittos on the junk from eBay.

Jake Kuhn

I know there very very expensive, but would the ones from partstree be any good?

EDIT... Guess I can't find them on there, does anyone have correct part numbers for them?

Thanks, Jake

Edited by Jake Kuhn

rmaynard

5560 for choke, and 5561 for throttle. Those number may have changed though, this info is right out of the owners manual.

gwest_ca

Choke cable 5560 replaced by 102119

Throttle cable 5561 replaced by 102119

That make sense?

Garry

rmaynard

New part numbers are 102119 for throttle and 102118 for choke.

TT

Has anyone here actually bought the new OEM (102118 & 102119) cables?

They look like they're all made by the same company. :confusion-shrug:

Perhaps the increased price is for the "Genuine Toro/WH parts" packaging. :eusa-whistle:

rmaynard

If you check Mowpart.com, the 102119 from Toro is actually less expensive ($10.71) than the Stens brand ($13.11). The stuff on eBay is usually around $12.00 to $15.00 each.

Edited by rmaynard

Terry M

Has anyone here actually bought the new OEM (102118 & 102119) cables?

They look like they're all made by the same company. :confusion-shrug:

Perhaps the increased price is for the "Genuine Toro/WH parts" packaging. :eusa-whistle:

Bought both of those from parts tree for my 606. must be universal because the same ones are for my lawn rangers also and and the 118s & 119s are both too long for all my tractors. but they can be shortened. Edited by Terry M

TT

Yes - With the proper alterations, 102118 & 102119 replace many different older part numbers.

I want to know if the genuine Toro/WH throttle cable has the same cheap plastic knob that falls off after a few twist-to-lock cycles.

• Like 1

Martin

ive had good luck with my ebay ones...... im sure not all the ebay ones are the same and id have to go back to try to identify what i actually got, but from memory they just mentioned the 102118/102119 part numbers. i did a bit of asking on the forum about these as well at the time i was looking for them, and the subject of the new ones seems to come up every now and again. i must admit i am gentle with the throttle one on my 1057 and it doesnt get anywhere near daily or weekly use, but through the summer months last year it got more use than any of my other 'nice' tractors and is holding up fine from what i can see......

just looked up my ebay history, i used this seller

antchip49ju

search for Throttle & Choke Cables for Wheel Horse 102119 +102118

29_1.JPG

cant guarantee that these are exactly the same ones, but i would buy again from this seller if i needed more. if somebody could say the toro ones were the bees knees i would pay the extra, but ive been burnt before by buying more expensive 'crap' when the cheap 'crap' is a superior product..... :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Edited by Martin
  • Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Just looked up the ones martin told me about, Look pretty nice but looks like the are stens. Do I want to try and get genuine toro or do you guys think these would be ok?

Thanks, Jake

rmaynard

If you have a trusted Toro dealer nearby, I would order a cable from him with the understanding that if it is no different than the Stens or the junk aftermarket ones, you could return it with no penalty.

Trouty56

I drilled and pinned a throttle cable but I think it was original. I'd do it again though. Works very good.

gwest_ca

If you order from Toro use the 102118 and 102119 part numbers because if you use the original 5560 and 5561 part numbers you will likely get two 102119 cables.

Garry

KATO

I put Toro choke and throttle on mine last spring and they are still ok.

but its only been 1 season so far.