varosd

taking apart the $10 flea market find WH seat (sorry for the poor pictures..too much Dunkin D) looks like a mouse went up through the drain hole and hollowed out a pathway and there was multicolored yarn/string! So the missing foam, I'm just gonna cut pieces rather than try to peel the foam from the vinyl. the vinyl seat has 2 pinholes but otherwise is good condition. the seat pain has 4 coil springs? not like my B-80 seat. rusty and will need to saw the bolts off and fix the cracks at the holes. rust removal will be the trusty E-tank if we get a warm day to place it outside. not sure what seat bracket this was off..200 series?

photo14_zps734bc212.jpg

photo13_zps159d5676.jpg

photo15_zpsf3dd5924.jpg

• Like 1

Sparky

I dont recognize that seat mount....maybe a rear engine rider :scratchead: ?

Mike......

TT

You nailed it, Sparky Mike! :handgestures-thumbup:

There's a 108-5 with the same seat & mount at a local mower shop.

Fun Engineer

Nice looking seat Don. Did you find a source for the edge material?

varosd

Mcmaster-Carr has the edging and other places, I'm sure. I'm just gonna reuse it and clip it back on. Big lots has foam. The reason I will just add foam patch pieces instead of just tearing out the old and adding new is the fact that I want to re-use the old cover...which was already trimmed once. If I was putting on a new cover and new foam, I could just pull the cover tight, put on the edging and clip, Then trim off the excess.

I think if I use a new peice of foam and it is slghtly too big, I won't be able to stretch it to put the edging on.

semperfi8185

Looks like the one on my 108-5 rear engine rider.

Rayp

I have a C 160 and the seat is sound except for two splits in the vinyl at the edges/corners.  I asked an upholsterer if he could recover it, but he said it was'blow-moulded' and could not be recovered. Can anyone suggest how it can be repaired or where I might purchase a tight-fitting cover for it.  I should be most greatful for any help.

jaebo74

I have a C 160 and the seat is sound except for two splits in the vinyl at the edges/corners.  I asked an upholsterer if he could recover it, but he said it was'blow-moulded' and could not be recovered. Can anyone suggest how it can be repaired or where I might purchase a tight-fitting cover for it.  I should be most greatful for any help.

This is a how-to...

http://ezinearticles.com/?Vinyl-Repair---How-to-Mend-a-Vinyl-Seat&id=1167774

This is a link to a whole host of kits and mending compounds...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=vinyl+repair+compound

• Like 1

Rayp

Thank you for the information which I will follow-up.

546cowboy

I just had two of those two piece seats recovered a couple weeks ago at a local upholstery shop. You have to realize they will never look original as the details on the bottom cushion and the logo on the back cannot be duplicated. They are like branded in there. I have to say it was not cheap to have them recovered but I think they did a real nice job. Since I have to get rid of everything I have posted them in the classifieds here.

post-1334-0-43685100-1381011334_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-34317700-1381011347_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-94908800-1381011355_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-36120100-1381011367_thumb.jp

Edited by 546cowboy
  • Like 1

Rayp

Your seat does look a superb job, but unfortunately the seat differs from that on my C160 which has a higher back and different ribbing.

546cowboy

The seat back adjusts up and down and yes those ribs and the logo on an original are branded in there ( a heated metal stencil is lowered onto the material ) where these are stitches. The material on these seats is a heavy grade and will last for many years. Let's see a picture of your seat, are you sure it is original?

Rayp

I am attaching 2 photos of my tractor seat and a photo of the label on the back of the seat, which seems to indicate that it is authentic.  I havcn't been able to paste my pictures - I haven't found out how to do it, but the pictures of the White Wheelhorse just posted on the Gallery show a seat identical to mine.