Sign in to follow this  
bo dawg

20hp Kohler

bo dawg

Is it possible to use an engine with 1 7/16" shaft for the PTO on the wheel horses? Is there a pully that could be used? I know it will throw off the speed of it for sure. This engine I got only has about 100 hrs on it, its a shame not to be able to use it on a tractor.

Bo dawg

CRE1992

Is it possible to use an engine with 1 7/16" shaft for the PTO on the wheel horses? Is there a pully that could be used? I know it will throw off the speed of it for sure. This engine I got only has about 100 hrs on it, its a shame not to be able to use it on a tractor.

Bo dawg

To my knowledge no. You could get a pulley that would be used to drive the tractor, but the pto would not fit on it. You would probably need another electric pto off of something else.

If I remember correctly you were trying to sell that engine?

bo dawg

Yes I was wanting to sell it, but if it doesn't sell then I need to put it to use. It would be powerful to put on a log spliter with the pump that came with it but I don't split wood. So either sell it or ride it on a tractor some how I guess.

baerpath

How long is the crank ? If it's long enough sure you can use it on a horse. Gonna take a little work but can be made to work with a WH clutch. Won't mean anything to the speed, crank will still turn at the same speed

Jim_M

You could always buy an electric pto clutch for a 520Xi, it would be a direct fit on that engine.

bo dawg

I'll have to check the lenght not too sure. Will try tomorrow night.

Well sounds like good idea Jim about an electric PTO cluch, but never seen one too cheap to get. Hate to invest ton of money in it, I rather just sell the engine.