Sign in to follow this  
Terry M

Snow Plowing Lawn Ranger

Terry M

OK, its my turn to show a horse pushing snow......so,Got a chance to try out my lawn ranger snow plow today after a fast and heavy snow fall today. (sorry you didn't get any Martin :teasing-poke:) . With an unfrozen transmission, no weights or chains....it actually did good. I was surprised that this tractor wouldn't even slow down pushing the sloppy, wet and heavy snow. Took a couple pics with my son Andrew at the wheel. (haven't modified this one for kid use yet) .

post-5864-0-16831800-1359333638_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-12146500-1359333667_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Sparky

Looks like it was doing a great job. Imagine how well it would be with weights and maybe a set of chains.

Mike...............

littleredrider

I plowed with my old one, and it did pretty good with no weights or chains with ag tires. Once it got traction it would pick the front wheels off the ground and keep going...Nice looking machine!!!!! (boy looks happy too!!!)

Wheel-N-It

Good Plowing Andrew ! :happy-jumpeveryone:

roscoemi

Way to go Andrew! Tell Dad the Ranger is yours now so hands off! :techie-eureka: Wait a minute, is that a static pic? Dad, let him plow! :teasing-poke:

Ken B

Very cool and a very nice Lawn Ranger. I had one yrs. ago that would push its little heart out!

Lane Ranger

Just what the Doctor Ordered - Perfect Picture!

Jake Kuhn

Very cool! Looks like it did a great job!

Terry M

Way to go Andrew! Tell Dad the Ranger is yours now so hands off! :techie-eureka: Wait a minute, is that a static pic? Dad, let him plow! :teasing-poke:

yes, its a stand still pic, but only to take the pic by me. otherwise hes plowing in first gear and I had to push the clutch in for him to stop. then I did the side walks....it works great!!!!! :)
  • Like 1

welderman85

Great picS and very nice ranger

roscoemi

Excellent Terry! That Ranger is as good as gone so you might think about a c series with a blower. They make a great team as I have found out. :thumbs:

Terry M

Excellent Terry! That Ranger is as good as gone so you might think about a c series with a blower. They make a great team as I have found out. :thumbs:

HMMM, You have me thinking now...

roscoemi

Teach the boy a plowing routine of your property so ya'll can see each other in the danger zones when you cross paths, or get close,and stick to it. He will be more responsible on the machine if tought right than most adults and you will have more satisfaction with a job done right than you can imagine. I know this from experience! I love moving snow with my partner, and trust him completely.Sometimes it's hard to rmember he's only 9! :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1

CasualObserver

I just can't believe you got snow that actually needed plowing! All we got was ice!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Nice pics Terry. Just ice and rain here...still no snow...just all of the pictures you guys are putting on Red Square...thanks. :)

• Like 1