Sign in to follow this  
JimD

What's left?

JimD

I've been thinking about this for some time now while perusing the various forums here at Redsquare. Over the years a lot of knowledge has been compiled here in this archive of Wheel Horse Collector-ship and user information. You have covered it all from hood ornaments to hitches, and everything in between. So here's my question, or challenge if you will. Is there a category or question about Wheel Horse tractors that has not been addressed here in the hallowed halls of Redsquare?

I believe that it's all here in one form or another, either in text or in pictures and text, or in videos. So how do we figure it out? If you have a question you don't know the answer to, do a search and see if you find what you are looking for. The search feature is a great tool here, but it can be a little tricky to use. I'm still learning how to use it after all this time.

This is the point at which those of you who are more astute at searching could offer us some tips for successful searching. (TT, rmaynard, Mikesrj, Martin, to name just a few of you who may be more knowledgeable about computer searches and Redsquare than many of us.) I for example was told to keep my search description short, using key words to find what I'm looking for. After many searches that yielded nothing, I tried this and got results on the same searches I had done before. So it proves that just because a search produces zero results it doesn't mean the information isn't here.

Now let's try this...

1. You have a question you don't think has been covered here.

2. You do a search that produces no results.

3.Now you ask your question here and see if someone else searches and gets a result to post here for you. (the searcher should quote the original poster)

4. At the worst, everyone who participates in this gets a little better at using the search feature.

5. At the absolute worst, Karl and the posse shut this thread down because it's using too much forum space. :ychain:

6. We find the one remaining topic that hasn't been addressed here on Redsquare!! :music-rockout:

Who has that one question rolling around in their head? :eusa-think:

Happy Horsing!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I think I have the answer Jim...or the question that has never been asked on Red Square.

Why is snow white and not Linen Beige??? :bow-blue:

I did a search to. :)

• Like 1

Martin

If I can't find what I'm looking for with a few different keywords I search any part numbers next. Sometimes I'm searching for some thread I've read before and I know it's still around but the basic keywords won't help at all. Then I try the part number thing or something associated with it. Sometimes it takes forever, sometimes I throw the question out there while I'm searching as well. Sometimes a pm to a knowledgeable member is a great way to go too....

Don't forget, google searches are your friend as well...

And most often they lead back here and the info your looking for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Martin
  • Like 2

squonk

I think I have the answer Jim...or the question that has never been asked on Red Square.

Why is snow white and not Linen Beige??? :bow-blue:

I did a search to. :)

There's some linen beige snow in my back yard near where my dogs run. I would send you some but I don't think you would like it! :)
  • Like 1

KATO

Here's one !!

when did Wheel horse start selling into Canada

JimD

Here's one !!

I searched this two ways, Wheel Horse Canada, and Canada. I got the same result both times, your post in this thread. So the search function works, but that might be all the information there is on this site. It might be in the book Straight From the Horse's Mouth by Mike Martino. Many members here have the book. Maybe one of them will enlighten us both. But some where that information exists I'm sure.

Lane Ranger

Good questions posed Jim! But they prove why Red Square members are the best at getting the best information -even if it takes a while !

Anglo Traction

Search Engine is invaluable on this excellently managed Forum. I use it all the time using a similar process to Martin's and I'd say 90% of the time I find what I'm looking for. I'm not one to just post a question because it is easier and rely on the forever helpful regulars to answer the same questions over and over again...... Saying that though, it will produce more results for your particular search !!!.

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Here's one !!

Good question.... unfortunately one that will probably never be provably answered. Those are records that just don't exist as far as anyone knows. Companies weren't required to keep such records back then, especially not small "out of your garage" kind of companies like Wheel Horse started. We know that they began exporting overseas with at least the RJ-58/59 since both articles and prices lists have turned up in the UK. So presumably exports to Canada would have started before then, during the "Pond" years.

I like the topic Jim.. Thanks. Anything you can't find nosearch.gif in the basement, you let me know. I've got a pretty good flashlight. Investigate.gif

• Like 1