Sign in to follow this  
Kevbo

This product works!

Kevbo

I had to let everyone know about my success with Seafoam today. I had picked up a C-101 last week that would not start...seemed to not be getting fuel so we replaced the fuel pump and fuel lines...then it still wasn't starting. We assumed it had to be the carb so after priming the carb with a bottle of fuel it seemed to slowly run a little longer by itself with the choke all the way up. After adjusting the screws on the carb, we got the engine running half decent without having to squirt fuel into the throat of the carb. Sadly,we couldn't bring the choke down at all without the engine shutting off. So I grabbed my can of Seafoam spray and sprayed deep into the carb until it choked off the engine. The directions say it to let it "hot soak" for 5 minutes and then start her up. I did this twice and was able to remove the choke! I was suprised as I could actually hear some of the "gunk" go through the carb when I restarted the engine! :scared-eek:

Highly recommended:

13AE7507-4C59-4E56-81BE-BFCF28C749EA-3450-0000046AFE2814D5.jpg

I also add 1 oz per gallon of the straight liquid to my gas as well.

My C-101 happy in the stable! :greetings-waveyellow:

E9F21D49-6EFB-4887-8189-CF573D9E1A3B-3450-0000046B017FD183.jpg

Has anyone else ever used Seafoam?

• Like 1

fourwheels0

yup i use it all the time.

great stuff.

953 nut

Sounds like a great thing to have on hand, thanks for the info., where did you pick it up? :flags-usa:

Kevbo

Sounds like a great thing to have on hand, thanks for the info., where did you pick it up? :flags-usa:

I believe I got mine at the local auto parts store. Try Advanced Auto Parts or Autozone.

qd-16

Awesome stuff! Always have a can around.

rydogg

I'll have to give that a try...my normal brand of carburetor cleaner is Gumout.

Kevbo

I'll have to give that a try...my normal brand of carburetor cleaner is Gumout.

I initially used gumout to clean any of the gunk within the throat to really allow the Seafoam to get sucked in. :handgestures-thumbupright:

rydogg

I have used the liquid seafoam directly into the carb throat or through a vacuum line in older cars I dumped it in until the car stalls then let it sit for a while then start it up and take off down the road wide open throttle and it leaves a huge cloud of smoke. :auto-swerve:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Thanks Kevin! I will be picking up a can of this stuff at Advance Auto this week. Might get two cans while I'm at it. :handgestures-thumbup:

Kevbo

Thanks Kevin! I will be picking up a can of this stuff at Advance Auto this week. Might get two cans while I'm at it. :handgestures-thumbup:

Let me know how you make out!

JackC

Use it in my fuel all the time.

Wheel-N-It

Let me know how you make out!

Will Do !

squonk

You can get Sea Foam any where. Napa, Wally World ect. I have personally seen this stuff when added to engine oil take a knock out of my B-I-L's engine ant it took a lifter tick out of a 94 Chevy p/u that I had.

Tankman

Have never used Seafoam. Now, thanks forum members, at the top of my

shopping list.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

You can get Sea Foam any where. Napa, Wally World ect. I have personally seen this stuff when added to engine oil take a knock out of my B-I-L's engine ant it took a lifter tick out of a 94 Chevy p/u that I had.

Mike, to do this, how much sea foam do you add to the crankcase?

Van

squonk

Mike, to do this, how much sea foam do you add to the crankcase?

Van

It depends on what you're using it for. When I change my oil in my Kohlers, I add about an ounce and run it about an hour then drain it out to flush out any gunkies that may have been loosened up. On the Truck I added 1/2 can and drove it a couple of days before changing the oil. Then I added the other half before the next change and did it again.

Wheel-N-It

Thank you Mike! That will get me started :)

Zeek

Hmmm . . . I have a Kawasaki ZRX1200 that's giving me problems at idle from sitting. . . I'll give that a shot.

Thanks for posting.

JamesBe1

I always have a can or two of sea foam around. I often add a splash or two to a tank of gas especially in the spring after the gas has been sitting for a few months. Great stuff.

tunahead72

Just a friendly word of wisdom here (although I confess I've never personally used SeaFoam myself)...

If you're going to add SeaFoam to your fuel tank, make sure you have a fuel filter installed somewhere between your tank and carburetor. The SeaFoam is going to dislodge small bits of dirt and rust, and assorted other crud, it's best not to get that junk into your carb.

Zeek, your post is what prompted me to say something here. I think most of us have filters installed on our Wheel Horses, but I don't know if your bike has one, you should probably check and add one if necessary before adding SeaFoam to your tank. You may also be able to clear up that rough idle by just adding fresh fuel and running the crap out of it, it's a good excuse for a ride (maybe after the weather warms up a bit). :)

• Like 1

Zeek

Just a friendly word of wisdom here (although I confess I've never personally used SeaFoam myself)...

If you're going to add SeaFoam to your fuel tank, make sure you have a fuel filter installed somewhere between your tank and carburetor. The SeaFoam is going to dislodge small bits of dirt and rust, and assorted other crud, it's best not to get that junk into your carb.

Zeek, your post is what prompted me to say something here. I think most of us have filters installed on our Wheel Horses, but I don't know if your bike has one, you should probably check and add one if necessary before adding SeaFoam to your tank. You may also be able to clear up that rough idle by just adding fresh fuel and running the crap out of it, it's a good excuse for a ride (maybe after the weather warms up a bit). :)

Thanks, I was thinking about shooting directly into the carbs through the air box so it's a little more potent. That and throwing some Cam 2 in the gas tank.

Edited by Zeek

Duff

I'll jump in here, too. My chain saw, string trimmer and Mantis tiller, push mower and walk-behind snow blower all sit idle for very long periods of time off-season. While most would say drain the fuel and run them dry, I've been simply shutting them down and storing them with fuel in the tanks that has been dosed liberally with Sea Foam. They always start on the second or third pull and purr like kittens, although there is some smoke associated with Sea Foam. Stuff stinks when burning, but it's a minor annoyance (mostly to the wife!) compared to the benefits!

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by Duff

Kevbo

Thanks for sharing everyone!

Lane Ranger

My brother and I use it all the time! Great stuff.

caseybgilbert

I love the stuff.

I have used it on all of the vehicles I have owned with great success. I do what rydog does every 25,000 miles or so. I pour just under half the can into the brake booster vacuum line and then dump the rest of that half in until the engine stalls (and rush to shut off the engine if it does not stall). I then let it sit for 30 minutes and then crank it up and dog the crap out of it until it stops smoking. I also add half a can straight to the oil about 100 miles before an oil change.

However, I have never used it on a small engine. Maybe I will give it a shot on my C-195 after I put a new fuel line and filter in.