Sign in to follow this  
wp205a

1015 Cub Cadet

wp205a

OK, it's a lawn mower. 1987 model, like my #2 son. I got it free from another buddy at work, probably 6 years ago. Just hated to see it go back to the earth. Need a grass deflector if you have any ideas about a source.

post-8412-0-46403200-1359162243_thumb.jp

Jake Kuhn

Nice tractor, can't beat free! :)

Wheel-N-It

Nice CC! I love free :)

wp205a

I could write a not so short story about my issues with this mower. The best part would be about keeping tension on the deck drive belt. One day I was looking at the parts diagram, and noticed a spring I did not have! Yep that spring would help, and it did. Only took me about 3 years to discover that solution.

T-Mo

I'm a little late, but I don't know if that's the correct deck for that. It should be a yellow deck - the white decks were on the older, IH built Cub Cadets. The 1015 was build after MTD bought Cub Cadet.

wp205a

Could be the wrong deck. Repainted gray some time in the past. When I've ordered parts for it using the deck listed under a 1015, they've been right. Thanks. This is one I'll donate to my local junk mower man when I get the good out of it. Can't remember exactly, but I think MTD wants over $100 for the 3 or so parts that I need on the grass deflector. I have a bagger for it, don't like to use it.