Sign in to follow this  
bell

Newbie checking in... Suburban

bell

IT RUNS!!! I went and bought a new set of points, new spark plug and a new head gasket today. I changed/ set the points and STILL had no spark. So, I changed the magneto out... VOILA! SPARK! :whistle:

I cleaned out the inlet on the carb (full of mud from bees) and cleaned out the fuel bowl... Pulled on it 3 times and it fired right up! It does smoke a bit, but... so do I. lol

I will be doing a FULL rebuild this winter, along with COMPLETE teardown and rebuild of the tractor... So, it will be fine for now.

Now I need to clean out the fuel tank, mount the engine and PLAY! B)

linen beige

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

B)

T-Mo

Jon,

That's great news. :whistle: B)

Rod(NASNUT)

IT RUNS!!! I went and bought a new set of points, new spark plug and a new head gasket today. I changed/ set the points and STILL had no spark. So, I changed the magneto out... VOILA! SPARK! :o

I cleaned out the inlet on the carb (full of mud from bees) and cleaned out the fuel bowl... Pulled on it 3 times and it fired right up! It does smoke a bit, but... so do I. lol

I will be doing a FULL rebuild this winter, along with COMPLETE teardown and rebuild of the tractor... So, it will be fine for now.

Now I need to clean out the fuel tank, mount the engine and PLAY! :)

:horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :banana: :banana: B)B):banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:B):whistle:B) That's great news

bell

Well, IT'S ALIVE!!!

I finally got it running and FULLY OPERATIONAL today! :horseplay:

It actually runs VERY well... It smokes a bit, but I can live with that...

I engaged the mower and IT ACTUALLY WORKED! I was hunting the neighborhood looking for grass that needed cut... It actually mows 1/2-way decent. B)

Here is a pic of the "herd." (Can you consider 2-1/3 wheel horses a "herd"??) LOL

wildhorses_007.jpg

Here is the '61 Suburban I bought on e-bay... It has the belt guard that I need! :whistle:

wildhorses_008.jpg

wildhorses_009.jpg

TT

Hey!

Those rear fenders on the parts 401 are off of a Speedex. I bet if you clean them up & paint them red, you could get a few bucks out of them. :banana:

CasualObserver

I'm curious about the hitch on the parts 401... I don't think I've ever seen a drawbar type hitch on a Suburban? Only the Slot hitch. Does it look OEM, or is it something that someone rigged up? B)

bell

Well, I had'nt even noticed... I'll go out and check it out... and take some pics. B)

Rod(NASNUT)

B) Hay bell what do you have in that Pepsi machine it looks like a spray can came out of it :whistle:

bell

Well, I cannot tell if it is factory or someone made it. If it is homemade, someone did a really nice job on it...

Here are a few pictures...

Drawbar_001.jpg

Drawbar_002.jpg

Also, it came with this other "stuff" Does anybody have an idea what it is?

Drawbar_003.jpg

bell

B) Hay bell what do you have in that Pepsi machine it looks like a spray can came out of it :whistle:

LOL... The Pepsi Machine is another one of my "long-term" projects... Right now, it is serving as a holster for the bee and wasp spray... lol

TT

The rear drawbar looks like part of a Speedex lift hitch.

The other big bracket is the mount for a dozer blade for the Suburban.

The other "assembly" with the idler pulley is part of a mower deck.

bell

The other big bracket is the mount for a dozer blade for the Suburban

YES! Now, I need to find a blade! B)

CasualObserver

Here's a couple shots of what you need to look for.

There's also a pedal that goes on the right side that pulls the chain/pin that holds the three position directional control, and then you move the blade with ropes. I have the pedal, but have never put it on. The ropes on mine were shot when I got it, so I took them off and just angled the blade by hand.

suburban_snowblade1.jpg

suburban_snowblade2.jpg