Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Wendover

Pictures of the horse ( and some questions )

Anthony Wendover

Seems like all i do is have questions lol but Hey thats how you learn...

First i was gonna junk this then i wasn't then i was and now i said no way would i do such a thing... So i have decided to tear it down to the frame clean it repaint and add new parts to the badly worn ones. I want to know if the shops that dealt with wheel horses have a better repair manual or blue print kind of things? Cause some stuff i cant figure out how to get off or I'm afraid when its off and sense I'm taking my sweet time i wont remember where it goes like some parts now lol.. Also i am in need of a all new wiring system where can i get that? This is a hydro so i was reading the hydro manual and seeing all the warnings lol.. So what should i do before i start pulling the rotting hoses off it and pulling it out of the tractor? As some of you know the engine blew in this. I want to get a new engine that i don't risk dyeing in the next 20 years what should i look at getting that will work? Also i will need a whole new set of rims for this tractor like the one that came with it before i stole them for the 312... Also want to take the transaxle apart and replace all the seals. The front axle looks like its leaking grease don't know how to fix that. Never taken a transaxle apart before.. Hell this is my first dismount of a wheel horse... Also what kind of red was used on the work horse? Was it new red or old red... Ok enough questions lets see what everyone thinks now onto the pics....

1001965ip7.th.jpg

1001964fc5.th.jpg

1001961qk6.th.jpg

1001960dg3.th.jpg

1001959bh0.th.jpg

1001958ts7.th.jpg

1001957nd9.th.jpg

1001956cf4.th.jpg

perry

The front axle looks like its leaking grease don't know how to fix that.

... Also what kind of red was used on the work horse? Was it new red or old red...

the grease on the front axle is normal and a good thing. just means someone one kept it greased up and prombaly just over greased it and you can see it oozing out.

no biggie B)

i believe all the workhorse models are grey/silver.

Teddy da Bear

Take pictures of the location of things before you take them off.

Bag all small parts with labels. And put screws back in the threaded holes after you have taken the part off.

Good luck!

linen beige

Take pictures of the location of things before you take them off.

Bag all small parts with labels. And put screws back in the threaded holes after you have taken the part off.

Good luck!

Very good advice. I have even gone one further. Video the assembly if you can. That lets you capture the parts at varying angles. Tell the camera what you are looking at and you will not only have pics of how it goes together, but your voice telling you, for example, in what order parts were removed, and even which tools you needed.

Oh! and not all the "Work Horses" were grey. Some of the 953s, 1054s, and 1054As had "Work Horse" decals on them. My 1054A is a Work Horse and it is red.

jerrell

:banana: TT identified my tractor for me, it is a workhorse GT1800 or GT1848, i was wondering if you have a pic of one painted in orginal colors , if you do would you please post it , i would like to restore mine to orginal, except for the engine, someone told me they are very difficult to find and expensive, i have taken this thing apart and when i take it off i put all the parts that go with it in the same place on a parts shelf i made for doing things like this ,, i forget things sometimes when i don't mess with them for awhile, also do you know where to find parts , i have searched ebay and wh for sale and did't find any// good luck on the restore, they really are pretty easy just take your time and see how you take parts off , they almost tell you how to put them back on,,, also having the manual is a great ideal but i have tried to locate one but not to much luck so far, B)

T-Mo

Jerrell,

Here's one, but kind of small: GT1800

Here's a GT1100 that would be very similar: GT1100

jerrell

B) treed, i thought they were grey and white, did they have them in red also :whistle:

T-Mo

They are gray and black, with red decals and use the standard Wheel Horse red attachments, like decks, snow plows, etc. The pictures I've linked to are the basic color scheme. B)

Anthony Wendover

yes mine is grey as you can see. I just wanted to know the red which i am sure is the old red sense its a 84 was for the mule. And the Pto assembly. Iv seen work horses with black ones tan ones and mine has the red one..

For parts i want to go threw work horse... I know somethings i may not be able to get. BUt i need a new wire harness. But toro dont sell them anymore. So if any of you great guys with connections know where to get one it be great..