Sign in to follow this  
squonk

High wind warning!!!

squonk

Got gusts up to 60 MPH!! I'm on call at work and got called in to repair our 20 yr. old dish machine. I just love Commercial kitchen equipment! NOT!!!

Any way everyone kept bugging me about a port-o-pottie that was being blown off the 2nd story of our new building that's going up. They wanted to know what I was going to do about it. I said nothing, I want it to go splat!! Getting tired of baby sitting contractors. Got called in at 11:00 p.m. last night because the main lobby was hot. Contractors have a steam operated heater on the other side of a wall running full blast heating up the entire 1st floor. I can't get to it either. I( measured the temp thru a small hole with an infrared thermometer ant it was 82 deg on a ceiling joist!

IMG_0402_zps86f94282.jpg

Edited by squonk

varosd

"Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful Balloon!!" except don't mind the smell!

Sparky

Who the heck would want to be doing their "business" in a porto-john, next to a 2x4 wood railing and 20' to 30' above solid ground.....NOT ME!

Mike...............

squonk

Those contractors are a hearty bunch! :)

varosd

I guess they should be wearing their hardhats! :D

AMC RULES

What goes up must come down. :)

Jake Kuhn

We had some pretty good wind here yesterday too. My brother is a custom cabinet maker and he had just finished one and had it sprayed for us at our house, he was only going about 30 and went over an overpass and it blew out of the back of his truck. Luckily it just landed on the side, not in the lane or over the top. We got very lucky and the only damage it did is in a spot that will not be seen for where it is going.

Rollerman

Who the heck would want to be doing their "business" in a porto-john, next to a 2x4 wood railing and 20' to 30' above solid ground.....NOT ME!

Mike...............

Sometime back Mike when we had the IN toll road repave job we kept a porta john with us on a trailer.

Normally parked inside our work area with traffic flying by around 70MPH.

The semi's would get really close too.

6wheeler

High winds on those job sights really sucks. Especially when they have to keep the lower floors wrapped and warm. Looks like P.T. deck style floors (post tension) and if that is the case, then they have to heat the lower floors to cure the concrete. The crapper probably won't go anywhere. But, I wouldn't want to be the next guy in there. Looks like it belongs in an old Batman tv show. It has the right lean angle for the Jokers hide out. :ychain:

stevasaurus

Nothing like sneaking up on a Port-o-John with a trencher and giving it a nudge when the guy you are working with is in it. :) I miss those days. Sometimes the wind would take you for a ride down an icy street in a new subdivision. Drop anchor!! :woohoo:

• Like 2

squonk

When Lake Michigan freezes Steve you can grab a Pottie and take it out and use as an ice fishing shanty. You'll have a fuel source for heat and it sure would dress up the place! :ychain: :ychain:

stevasaurus

Mike, if I had one of those ice fishing on the lake...I would have to put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on it...LOL or...the guy in here is disturbed, "Knock at Your Own Risk". :)

• Like 2