Sign in to follow this  
Tankman

12v Linear Actuator

Callen

Which tractor are you wanting to put it on?

Tankman

Which tractor are you wanting to put it on?

Right now, or early spring, I might think 'bout using these on my 416-8, 414-8 or my

newly acquired 520-8.

I'll have to inquire of the Red Square 'lectric pros, "Do the above :wh:'s have the available 'juice'?" :eusa-think:

If I take time to design, I going to work on both the Horse's front and tail. Capable of

moving the actuator where I want it (or need it). Some quick connects, one front and one rear, for power.

The steel fabrication doesn't bother me, been at it for 40+ years.

sorekiwi

The factory electric lift is just a 12V Linear Actuator. There is pics of that set up in the (old) gallery.

I havent priced stuff lately but a few years ago Johnny Bucket was selling actuators at a pretty good price. Be worth a look at their site for some ideas at least.

Tankman

The factory electric lift is just a 12V Linear Actuator. There is pics of that set up in the (old) gallery.

I haven't priced stuff lately but a few years ago Johnny Bucket was selling actuators at a pretty good price. Be worth a look at their site for some ideas at least.

Have looked at Johnny Bucket a few times. Nice stuff.

The actuator will hold in any position or at least that's the way I interpreted the spec.

The Wel-Bilt actuators are available in three lengths. There are several three-way switches available.

I'm thinking I could raise, i.e.: a rear grader, and hold the position while traveling. Is this your understanding?

Callen

post-5271-0-99495800-1358648474_thumb.jp

One like this will save you a lot of headaches with clearance issues. yes they have an internal brake that will hold them. You could put 2 on it and run separate switches. The 520 will run it, not sure about the charging system on the other 2.

brandonozz

Pay no attention to the tractor with the green paint. This is just for informational purposes!

Here is a Deere with a pretty clean setup.

I thought about getting a receiver Hitch that Scott and Tom make and then fabbing up an actuator to run a sleeve hitch similar to the Deere. One added benefit would be down pressure.

• Like 1

Save Old Iron

"Do the above :wh:'s have the available 'juice'?" :eusa-think:

It's not really "Wheel Horse juice" that runs the actuator - it is the capacity of the onboard battery and appropriate wiring to the actuator.

For the sake of conversation, say the actuator draws 30 amps for 10 seconds. This energy comes from the battery. The regulator and stator on board the tractor "sees" the voltage drop on the battery and responds by charging the battery back up to 14.5 volts. The RR may only supply 10 amps to charge the battery but 10 amps x 30 seconds is equal to the draw of 30 amps x 10 seconds. The same amount of energy shuttles in and out of the battery, just faster out than back in.

You make a power withdrawl from the battery energy bank and replenish your energy account with the RR unit. If you continualy draw more from the bank than you can replenish ... well then sadly you have the equivalent of a modern day government economics lesson.

• Like 3

Tankman

Thanks for the post Save Old Iron.

I think I get it. Intermittent use, battery draw. I do use high amp batteries in all my Horses.

The linear actuator will only see use for a short time, on demand. Battery will supply all the juice

I need, :)

J3 Driver

I'm new here but I do have a C160-8 with the wheel horse electric lift option. Works real well. Will lift the snowblower, mower deck, roto-tiller, or anything that I have attached to the sleeve hitch. I have the manual around somewhere. I can scan it and post if you'd like.

• Like 1

Butch

WOW!!! 1100 lbs of lift. Damn!