Sign in to follow this  
vinceo

6Th REDNECK PLOW DAY

vinceo

WE WILL BE PLOWING AT BEECHWOOD FARMS AGAIN THIS YEAR.

184 Bates Bridge Rd

Travelers Rest, SC 29690

We had a great time last year with around 60 tractors. Sadly only 4 wheelhorses. If your in the south east and never been to a plow day your missing some good fun and great people. I know there is a good group of wheel horse guys in the Charlotte Nc are you are more than welcome to join us. I plowed with my rj for a bit last year and was kinda fun, if I could keep the front end down :roll:

We will be plowing a small field Fri night and the bulk on Sat. There will be food on site door prizes ect. Lots of fun for the family and the kids really have a blast! There will be one field just for the kids so they dont get over whelmed with everything.

Any question plese contact me @ vinceochiuto@charter dot net or David Green @ daveg13034 at gmail dot com.

Thanks Everyone hope to see you there, Vince

• Like 1

ThreeHorses

Date?

mowinman2

The dates for this plow day are APRIL 19th & 20th

vinceo

Why is it I keep forgetting to add the date :banghead:

Thanks Dave man Im slacking!

mowinman2

Here is a link to the pics I took at last years event! Hope some of yall can make it this year and have a little more RED in the fields!

http://s1023.photobucket.com/albums/af355/Iluvtruks0/5th%20Annual%20Redneck%20Plow%20Day/

mowinman2

If anyone is interested in being on the email list, please send me your information so I can ad you to that list. PM, or my email is the first post of this topic. Thanks

post-5226-0-28459900-1359952298_thumb.jp

• Like 1

mowinman2

Time to get those shirt orders in. For those of you not on the email list, please let me know on here, or by PM. Thanks!!

P51302972.jpg

chrisd200(inactive)

I have been the last 2 years and it is an absolute blast!!!!!! And it keeps getting larger every year. Trust me, its one thing to show the tractors, but when you actually put them to work side by side........ its a whole nother ball game. In upstate SC its mostly John Deere and Cub country but there are a few of us Wheel horse guys around. Would LOVE to see some more horses this year. My friend Sammy came last year with his 312-8 and everyone kept talking about his little tractor that was out plowing lots of the larger tractors!!!! I'm sure thats no surprise to you 312-8 owners:)

• Like 1

vinceo

Man Chris someone got a nice shot of you on your tractor! Sammy told me he plowed his garden with the plow I found him and hes so excited to plow now! He said his dad still isnt going to bring a tractor so you guys need to get on him about bringing one. 

Guys Ive known Chris for about 5 years and every year seemed he had to do something the weekend of the plow day. The first year he was able to make it he told me him and Sammy had the best time. This day is a great time to meet other people that love these little tractors. Dosnt matter what brand you like or if youve ever plowed befor, its just plain fun. The ones that have the most fun are the kids, they ride around like they are in Iowa or something! 

Come on and join us Ill have door prizes BBQ is scheduled to be on site to eat, and if you dont want to get a hotel we can camp on site, I do every year and stay up with some of the Jd guys telling lies all night. 

chrisd200(inactive)

Sounds great Vince, really looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!! I know we are gonna have another great turn out, but I want even more guys/gals to come!!!! Really want to see some more Wheel Horses out there!!!!!! Come on people, its well worth it, if you don't thinks so afterwards............... BLAME VINCE LOL

vinceo

Blame me??????????????????  :angry-nono:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  Get in line, everyone else dose! :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

mowinman2

All this warm weather we've been having, is giving me an itch to be smelling and turning some dirt!

P5130302.jpg

vinceo

We need to get some more red tractors here this year. Just found out Marc wont be there cause of a trip with his family. The last one he missed I gave him a pass on the last time he missed one, he had a heart attack, good reason, I guess :confusion-shrug:

chrisd200(inactive)

Yeah, I would say thats a good reason

vinceo

Hey Chris I found you and Sammy another tractor on the way back from Whare Place yesterday. It looks like the one Sammy plows with, no hub caps on it, if that maters. I personaly dont like them on my cubs. 

chrisd200(inactive)

I dont really care for them either, but dont tell anyone!!!! Was the tractor for sale?????? Have fun with the V-ride :)

chrisd200(inactive)

Vince is losing weight already lol!!!! Told him I was going to work his butt off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vinceo

Were a week away! The BBq has been ordered Chris has a tractor in the shop getting it ready to plow, and another guy brought his old sears in to get it ready to plow. Looking forward to seeing some members from here this year! 

vinceo

see if i can post a pic of chris eating a biscut

mowinman2

1 week away!!!  I hope this weather stays as nice as its been.  We will have an awesome plow day if thats the case.  

We're planning on plowing around 3pm on Friday for a couple hours, and its really more of just a test and tune your plow session.  Then its off to the Golden Corral for a big BS session and gut filling.  

Any questions, feel free to PM me!

chrisd200(inactive)

see if i can post a pic of chris eating a biscut

Thats fine as long as you don't try to hit me in the head with a hammer again! LOL!

mowinman2
Ok guys, here is the newest developments from Vince. 

Plowing on Friday afternoon will start around 3 or3:30pm.  This is the ideal time to get there and test and tune your plow to the local soil conditions.  If you cant make it, we are going to try to have a set up area for Saturday morning.

Friday night dinner plans have kinda changed.  Last year we went to the Golden Corral.  This year we are going to try something new, and cookout at the plow fields.  We were thinking that after the evening plowing, there wasnt too much of a "get to know everyone" and BS session.  We went straight to eat, and then mostly everyone went back to the hotels.  By cooking at the plow fields, we can all hang around and make fun of Vince.  He is going to bring his grill from home, and a big cooler full of ice.  On your way to Beechwood Farms, stop and pick up something you would like to grill, and then throw it in the cooler when you get there.  We can all share the grill, and have a better BS session with everyone.  If you dont want to cook out, you could run over to the Burger King or Subway right down the road.  We're just trying something new here, and if it sucks, and everyone hates it, we can go back to Golden Corral next time.  DONT forget a chair and something to drink.

As for Saturday morning... We're going to try to have a drivers meeting by 9am so please get there before.  There will be a release waiver for everyone to sign, whether you are plowing or watching.  There will also be a $5 fee to plow, and ages 16 and under are free.  The T-shirts you ordered will be passed out when you register.  There will be a BBQ lunch plate available, also for $5. 

Of course there will be the swap meet area, so bring your junk (treasures) to sell. 

Keep doing those anti rain dances, as the weather predictions look decent enough.  Remember last year, we had a huge down pour the early morning of, and we still ended up having a great turnout and not too bad soil conditions for plowing.  Dont let a little rain in the forecast keep you at home.

Any questions, please dont hesitate to email me or Vince.  We will keep you updated with any more details as we get closer.  5 more days guys!!!!

David

vinceo

Rain should be gone by 6 pm fri so come plow! If we get over 1 1/2 of rain we cant plow. Last year we got 3/4 inches of rain from midnite fri to 4 am sat and we plowed. There enough sand in the soil that it dosnt take long for it to dry out. 

chrisd200(inactive)

Cant wait Vince! The horses are ready to go! Looking forward to it and really wish that anyone close would come and have a great time with all of us :)

vinceo

Forgive me but some of these are side ways. If you know me, then they are normal. Glenns Sears and Chris 200, also just 2 of the fields we have to plow. The rain wont slow us down. 

LOAD THEM AND COME ON!

Sorry Chris Im not going to bring the RJ this year. 

post-5847-0-26083100-1366340744_thumb.jp

post-5847-0-42713100-1366340758_thumb.jp

post-5847-0-10232800-1366340772_thumb.jp

post-5847-0-91834500-1366340789_thumb.jp

post-5847-0-36712100-1366340836_thumb.jp