Sign in to follow this  
copperhead

Wheel weights..

copperhead

I managed to snag 2 sets of wheel weights today.. :) Despite the picture, I really did buy 2 of each type. Of course this means I will never see another snowflake for the remainder of my life...

The rear ones are about 52 lbs ea. I'm not sure what tractor brand they were originally made for..

The smaller ones I grabbed knowing that they wouldn't attach using the hardware that came with them, but the price was right. They weight about 17 lbs ea. They do clear the hubs of my C-100, but the u-bolt needs to have a wider spread to reach the mounting holes. Gonna try and figure some way to make them work. They must have been made for a small lawn tractor tire?...Would be interested if anyone here recognizes what kind they are. Will be mounting them up tomorrow....if it's not RAINING..

post-5872-0-71352400-1358036016_thumb.jp

Sparky

Those rear weights are actual WH style weights. Nice score on those! The fronts I dont recognize, someone here will.

Mike.............

Don1977

Paint those Wheel Horse Weights Red, they are worth more painted RED! :ychain:

rexman72

those will look good on your tractor

copperhead

Paint those Wheel Horse Weights Red, they are worth more painted RED! :ychain:

LOL...But then they wouldn't match the rusty patina of my tractor.. :)

Nice to know the rear ones are real Wheel Horse ones...What's that saying about a blind squirrel?

Got side tracked today but did manage to mess around with the mongrel front weights. Would still like to know what they were made to fit. Here's what they look like from the back.

post-5872-0-54229200-1358108637_thumb.jp

Had some threaded rod kicking around, so I bent up a quick bracket. Got some tweaking to do...but I don't for-see any problems making them work..I paid 30 for the pair, so I'm happy.

post-5872-0-16052400-1358108658_thumb.jp

Tankman

those will look good on your tractor

After he paints 'em red of course! :laughing-rofl::laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl:

baerpath

On another site they have the little ones listed as Bolens

• Like 1

copperhead

On another site they have the little ones listed as Bolens

Interesting...The guy I got them from had a few of Bolens tractors. He said he was only selling them to me 'cause he didn't think they wouldn't fit his tractors. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Whmaverick

I would like to have a nice pair of rear weights like those some day. what are they going for lately? The none red ones of course.

Kelly

The factory rear WH weights red, white or black bring good money $150 to $250 a set unless you get lucky

KC9KAS

I have a pair of front weights much like yours, and they have FMC (Bolens) cast on them. They actually have 2 holes for mounting instead of the "U" bolt that you have.

copperhead

I have a pair of front weights much like yours, and they have FMC (Bolens) cast on them. They actually have 2 holes for mounting instead of the "U" bolt that you have.

I'd be interested in knowing what the spread is between the 2 holes. Having the slots instead of holes made adapting the ones I got pretty easy. Since it was about 50 degrees here today I finally got 'em all mounted. Price wise, I paid 130 for the rear and 30 for the front. Gotta work on the seat next. :)

post-5872-0-22773800-1358707147_thumb.jp

KC9KAS

Just measured them.....10" diameter, and the holes are on 4" centers. I have pictures on a digital camera, but need to wait for 'mama to get in here to download them for me....I am somewhat "technically challenged".