Sign in to follow this  
brandonozz

Case FEL for a Wheel Horse?

brandonozz

I was curious if anyone knows anything about Case garden tractors and what type of FEL's they use. I am goning to be going to look at one and was wondering how hard it would be to mount onto my C160. I thought that I would need to build a subframe to get it mounted. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your experiences!

wallfish

The garden tractor FELs are basically the same except for the sub frame to mount it. I think Case tractors used a Johnson loader on their machines.

So my guess without seeing it is, yes you will need to build a sub frame and possibly get some new hoses for the pump if they are not long enough.

Kelly

Most Case factory loaders are part of the tractor, not a add on, google 646, and you will see the machines I'm talking about, they made other models but same basic tractor different engines, I'm sure there are aftermarket loaders built for them also.

• Like 1

wallfish

I was thinking of the smaller tractors like a 444

post-658-0-75442600-1358028410.jpg

brandonozz

Thanks for the replies. The loader is an "add on" similar to the 444 and not built into the tractor. Kelly, I did look at some pics of those 646s'. Man those look like tough little tractors and they are well talked about on the forums.

boovuc

I thought some of the loaders on the Case/AC garden tractors ran off the tractor's hydro connections and not a mounted pump?

brandonozz

Boovuc,

I'm going to check it out later in the week and I will find out for sure. If the price is right and it looks like it will work I'm going to pick it up. Hey, it's even almost the right color!

Kelly

This is a small tractor, pretty much the same thing as the 444.

post-85-0-40570300-1358132812.jpg