Sign in to follow this  
plowmaster

need more help!

plowmaster

theres a fella not too far from me thats looking to sell a snowblower. it was on a B80. i identified it from the truck instantly as a wheel horse snowblower, not sure how. possibly the front hookup.

hes asking 200 OBO. the only rust is in the very middle of the auger, very light. it has side cutters, decent belt and looks 100% complete, although ive never seen one before.

then it says 20 bucks and the tractor goes with it! its a tore apart (sheet metal) but it says it runs. 8 speed b 80, and it looks very similar to my charger 12. its complete.

ill be calling him in a short while to discuss the transaction. im wondering what the blower is worth, and im sorry i have no more details. id like to just give him 20 for the tractor but i dont think that will be part of the deal.

this blower is near mint, like i said, very little rust. is it worth 200? to me, the intire package is worth 200 for parts and such.

i guess ill just see if he bites at 150, then give him the extra 20 for the mower.

thanks for any advice.

plowmaster

i wasnt sure to put this in the attachment section or the tractor section. i guess ill know after i buy it, eh?

Kelly

I'd do what you said, but maybe offer $150 for all to start, that would be a fair deal, as for the blower, if real nice, $100-200 for a single stage. I've never paid more than $20 for my blowers but they are ruff, but work.

make sure it comes with the lift rod and flag that goes in the lift rod, they can cost almost as much as the blower.

plowmaster

thanks for the reply.

are those items hard to make yourself? what exactly is the flag?

i just walked away from a c120 today at an auction with two wasted blowers and a spent deck. it was complete with chains and rear weights. no compression. im willing to bet it would have fetched over 200 with the crowd around it.

plowmaster

looks like you and I are the only ones that own snowblowers.

i guess i should have put this in the equipment section. live and learn.

MaineDad

If it is complete then $150 should be a fair deal. Just make sure that the lift flag and lift bar are there too.

Brand new these things run up to $1,200. Good luck.

plowmaster

this can be moved to the attachment section. i offerd him 150, but not sure what the flag is. the tractor was not part of the deal, there was another tractor there previously that allready sold.

i can beleive that they would cost that much new.

i made a deal for 150, ill get some pics up when i pick it up monday. i wonder how it will compete with my seven footer.

100_1137.jpg

MaineDad

Is that two stage hooked up to the tractor in the picture? Holy cow!

BPjunk

Ifn's ya' get the kinda snow to need a 7 foot snowblower ..... thn you need to svae your money and buy a Tucker Snocat.

I would purchase the tractor with the snowblower that way you make sure all the parts are there for the snowblower (attaching kit).

Wild Bill in No Snow Richmond, Va.

WheelHorse_of_course

The flag is a piece of rod stock with a triangle welded to it. The triangle has a pin and connects to the lift assemble. The rod sticks inside the thick pipelike piece that reaches to the blower to lift it.

The flag is critical. The push rod less so .

If it does not have the flag I would call off the deal. In that case value is under $100.

plowmaster

thanks, im going to look for it in the pictures section.

i appreciate the help.

plowmaster

The flag is a piece of rod stock with a triangle welded to it. The triangle has a pin and connects to the lift assemble. The rod sticks inside the thick pipelike piece that reaches to the blower to lift it.

The flag is critical. The push rod less so .

If it does not have the flag I would call off the deal. In that case value is under $100.

i couldnt find any pictures of the flag assy. does it attach at the tractor or at the blower?

mabie its at the wheel horse website? ill check and post a linky

thanks again

plowmaster

darn, browser dosent work with the toro website.

MaineDad

The lift flag attaches to the lift assembly on your tractor. The other end of the flag slides into the lift tube that attaches to the blower.

I'll try to find a picture. If not I can take one later...