AMC RULES

I caught a break...

stevasaurus

Great pictures Craig...I think you are very lucky to still be here. Can you carry a cup of coffee yet with the crutches? When I had my knee surgery, I was laid up like you are. That is the first time I saw the Tella Tubbie thing. When they did their little TV skit...it was about a bunch of little kids puddle jumping in the rain. They were destroying puddles. It made me realize how sometimes we miss the really simple pleasures in life, and how great it is to be a kid. At that time, I would have given anything to be able to do that again. Guess what...I make a point to do that anytime it rains anymore...also snow angles (although we have not had snow yet). Take your time healing Mate. :)

• Like 2

312Hydro

Hey Craig, Hope your feeling better.Here's a replacement for your truck that I came across today. Looks like good winter traction! Enjoy.

• Like 1

varosd

just released lost video of Craig, age 6, honing his winter driving skills! :D

• Like 3

AMC RULES

That's a neat find Don, obviously those were my pre barrel roll days, before I made my current thrill show truely spectacular. :scared-eek::handgestures-thumbsup:

squonk

I'd like to try that truck out. Talk about a "Circus Bear on a Tricycle"!! icon_mfhide.gif

AMC RULES

I'm still in shock...Doc took the cast off today, and put nothing back on it...wants me in PT now. :confusion-helpsos:

Seems a bit soon to me. :scared-eek:

post-3498-0-40665800-1358904324_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-20512200-1358904356_thumb.jp

Sparky

Shopping for a truck yet.....maybe a Dodge :eusa-whistle: ?

Mike..........

AMC RULES

I was gonna ask you, how you like yours Mike.

Jake Kuhn

CHEVY! :ychain: :hide:

bowtiebutler956

Stick with a Bowtie Craig, you'll be happier. :twocents-02cents: I have an 09 Silverado 1500 that I love. We've put 95,000 miles on it so far without even one trip back to the dealer for warranty work. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

Sparky

I like it....but its a fuel hog and not a practical daily driver. Gets 11-12 mpg unloaded. Its an "04" 2500 4x4 Quad cab with the HEMI motor and a 5 speed auto. The mileage only drops two mpg towing my camper which is a good thing. My last truck was a 1/2 ton Chevy with the 5.3 and it managed to get 14mpg unloaded but plummeted to 8 towing the camper.

Mike............

squonk

I guess I'm "Truck shopping" too. My check engine light came on in my 05 Colorado with the 5 banger. 124,000 mi. I have a misfire code and a low idle code. Dealer checked it out and I have 75% cylinder leakage in no. 5, 73% in no.1 and over 60% in no. 3. Real common problem. bad valve seats that sink into the head. Looking at over 2 g's to fix.

Edited by squonk

AMC RULES

I've heard that the Febuary, president's day sales are the best time of the year to buy new...to get the best deals...can anyone confirm?

post-3498-0-15084300-1358969760_thumb.jp

squonk

I've heard that the Febuary, president's day sales are the best time of the year to buy new...to get the best deals...can anyone confirm?

They call it presidents day because if you want to buy a new truck you need a lot of "dead presidents!'
  • Like 2

varosd

Craig,

Taking cast off and getting into PT is the big benefit of having ORIF(Open reduction,internal fixation). if they just casted a fracture, you have to wait 4-6 weeks in cast then remove and then PT. by putting in plates and screws (better than grade 8) you can start PT and get range of motion and strength back sooner.

of course PT will be painful!

PT person: Mr AMC Rules, you are gonna hate me, but I'll have you walking soon" :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Sparky

I bet there are some killer deals on 2012 leftover trucks. Are you going full size?

Mike...........

AMC RULES

I think I am going back to full size Mike...saw virtually no difference in MPG driving that little S-10.

Thinking about giving a full size Toyota Tundra a test drive...dealer is right around the corner.

post-3498-0-37555300-1358989034_thumb.jp

Edited by BLACKiceTRUCKER

CRE1992

I guess I'm "Truck shopping" too. My check engine light came on in my 05 Colorado with the 5 banger. 124,000 mi. I have a misfire code and a low idle code. Dealer checked it out and I have 75% cylinder leakage in no. 5, 73% in no.1 and over 60% in no. 3. Real common problem. bad valve seats that sink into the head. Looking at over 2 g's to fix.

My cousin had the same problem with his 2005 GMC Canyon, GMC replaced the entire head last year for free out of warranty. Look it up, there might be a recall.

-Charles

varosd

Craig, looks like you have another problem looks like plantar wart on foot photo?

• Like 1

squonk

I got a letter 2 years ago increasing GM's warranty on the head to unlimited years and 100,000 mi. Mine has 124,000. how many on his? The place I took it to 1/2 the guys in the shop I used to work with and the other half I grew up with including the Svc. Manager. If there was a way to get it fixed under warranty, I'm positive they would have told me about it.

AMC RULES

Craig, looks like you have another problem looks like plantar wart on foot photo?

Good eye Don, been there most of my adult life...has never been a problem though.

varosd

Craig, Don't worry...we'll dig it out in June! :tools-spork:

AMC RULES

Very pleased...completed my 1st PT visit today. I'm now wearing two shoes, and bearing some weight while walking on crutches.

This coming Monday will be one month since the day of the accident...feels like I'm back on the fast track. :handgestures-thumbsup:

post-3498-0-74252900-1359496647_thumb.jp

Edited by BLACKiceTRUCKER
  • Like 4

massey

Congrats on your progress and good luck with the rest of it. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

clintonnut

I love by big trucks (Dodge Cummins) but if I were to buy new I'd be split between a new Cummins ($$$$$) or a Toyota Tacoma. All my trucks at work are 2008-2011 Tacomas and they are very nice! Take a ride in a 4 door with the longer (5.5'?) bed and the upgraded engine. Very comfortable to drive and maneuver. Great stock sound system, good mpgs, good visibility, and POWER! I'm against anything foreign but these newer Tacomas are really nice in my opinion.

http://suvtime.com/2011-toyota-tacoma/

Charlie