artfull dodger

Mikes 518h Special restoration

artfull dodger

Just a feeler, doubt anything will happen, still workin on her. Not charging the battery right now. Not sure if its wired right to the VR, got the wiring diagram, gonna dig into it tomorrow, I know the stator is working, need to make sure the AC wires are going to the outer terminals of the VR. If not then I need to order a VR off Ebay, Maplegrove wants $100 bloody dollers for that VR!!! Mcgavics is $86. I can get a new one for $20 shipped to me off fleabay. I thought my spare one was a good one, but its not doing squat either. Wanna try and get the hyd lift rock shaft appart? I cant get it appart, the Mapp gas torch isnt hot enough. Need an oxy/acc torch to cherry that middle arm and get it to slide on the shaft. I also need the filter assembly, got shorted that, I wondered if it was supposed to have that with the hard line that went from the front of the pump back along the one side of the rear end. I removed that and hooked the output line to the hyd lift to that spot for now. Really want that filter to protect the pump though. OR was the filter an option. The 520 the parts came from didnt have the forward swept axle. Have issues finding a usable mower deck close enough to swap out. One is way over near Toledo, he cant afford to travel and I cant travel that far. Offered to meet just north of Ft Wayne and havent heard back now. I doubt she is going anywhere soon, probably spray bomb the hood and fenders this spring to keep rust down till I can afford a professional paint job. I got the snowblade adapted, it was for a vert shaft tractor, but it was an easy adaption. Might get snow this coming monday, I can run for about 40 min before the battery voltage falls to where the spark gets weak and she starts to stumble. So the charging issues need to get fixed. Mike

wh-jason

Let me know if you need any help figuring out the wiring(im prett good at figuring out charging issues) and if you wanna bring it over one evening ill let you use my oxy Acetelyne torch to get that rock shaft out

Desko

Well how is it coming along or did it sell??