Sign in to follow this  
Terry M

Drive Belt size for Lawn Ranger

Terry M

Would anybody Know the drive belt size for the L-157 Lawn Ranger? The Manual only gives parts #s and PartsTree only shows a list for Transmission parts only.

any help appriciated, Thanks

gwest_ca

The belt charts are in the Maunals under Misc. Items

The sizes are at the end.

The tractor manual is on page 5 of the 1965-1972 manuals.

Garry

bowtieguy

Try PN 9691....which is a HA section belt....which is 1/2 by 5/16 agricultural belt....and is 70" in length.....just for grins, I like to use original Toro drive belts....

Terry M

Try PN 9691....which is a HA section belt....which is 1/2 by 5/16 agricultural belt....and is 70" in length.....just for grins, I like to use original Toro drive belts....

Thanks. I did find the belt on Parts Tree and cross referenced to the 606 from the belt chart ( thanks Garry). I've bought that belt before for my 606 from parts Tree, but I was hoping to find one thats less expensive than what Parts tree sells it for.

Been searching on line for another #9691 belt but no luck. hoping to find a better deal so I can buy replacements for all of my Lawn rangers. I'll visit a few local places tomorrow and see what I can find.

sorekiwi

If you want to try an aftermarket belt the #9691 interchanges with a Gates #6870.

Here is the link to the Gates Interchange page: http://www.gates.com/part_interchange/index.cfm?location_id=3286

I use aftermarket belts on most of my tractors. Last week I bought a Toro belt for the 310 and it ended up costing me $36 at my local dealer (just happened to be more convenient at the time to stop there instead of driving another few miles in a snow storm to go to NAPA).

Kelly

Last short frame belt I bought was a Toro belt and it was $25 I do like the factory belts for the drive belts, all others can be aftermarket.

Terry M

Thanks for the info. Mike and Kelly. I just figure I'll get those drive belt changed and they should last as long as I have these tractors. I'll see what the price difference is with gates vs. toro. Thanks again! :handgestures-thumbupright: