Sign in to follow this  
B-8074

Roller chain?

B-8074

Has anyone tried using roller chain on ag tires? I have them on the front and I'm having trouble with the front end drifting this year. I didn't have that trouble before but I've tried everything else.

Don1977

Have you tried switching the tires to the other side and running them backwards.

Tankman

Three rib tires would be best. Have you thought of small, snowmobile like, ski's?

I haven't but, a thought for the Snowbelt Horses. Anyone ever try ski's? :laughing-rofl:

wallfish

Roller chain will work for any tire.

I have used them for a couple of years now and have had absolutely no problems at all scraping up my asphalt driveway. I've read recent stories of people who have torn up their concrete and chipping it but I don't dig them in and keep going with the wheel turned all the way. If you keep them turning and don't over steer, they don't seem to dig into the driveway. They could certainly leave marks on concrete and I would definitely have some concerns using them on brand new concrete since it takes a while for it to cure.

For $20 try it, if you don't like it, take them off.

B-8074

Have you tried switching the tires to the other side and running them backwards.

I would have to swap the rims around also. Plus they are filled with winter washer fluid.

Wallfish I think I'll just try the roller chain and see what happens. Thanks

squonk

You shouldn't have to dis-mount the tires to switch them. With the wheel offset in the hub putting them on the opposite side you have to reverse the the wheel so the tire automatically switches directions. I have ag's on the front of my C-160 running backwards and they work great.

IMG_0367_zps9b1399e7.jpg

B-8074

You shouldn't have to dis-mount the tires to switch them. With the wheel offset in the hub putting them on the opposite side you have to reverse the the wheel so the tire automatically switches directions. I have ag's on the front of my C-160 running backwards and they work great.

IMG_0367_zps9b1399e7.jpg

Oh, I never really thought about it. But now I see what you're talking about. On a side note, nice seat. Did you get it at TSC? I have the same one on 175.

squonk

yup TSC seat.

can whlvr

im a big fan and user of the roller chain,once the hard pack gets icy,the roller is the only thing that grabs