Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

2009 Wheel Horse Calendar

T-Mo

Too bad we don't have a picture like this one without the JD.

CasualObserver

Well... send him an email back that says he'll make the calendar NEXT year if he gets a plowday shot of just the Wheel Horse! :USA:

Nice pics Mike! :banghead:

Nick

In a few minutes I did this picture with the simple paint program so imagine what Dustin can do with his magic wand. I bet it would look great in the calendar. :banghead:

plowdaytest.jpg

I liked painting over green so I did the other just for fun.

mylineup2test.jpg

CasualObserver

Nice job Nick... maybe that picture will be calendar material after all! :banghead:

T-Mo

The thought has occurred to me of using this photo.

Mylineup.jpg

And using this caption "Before there was John Deere, there was the Wheel Horse" :banghead:

linen beige

I don't know how to do it, but I would like this pic with an added comment bubble above the 701 saying "Come here, I say come here son, let me show you how it's done.".

DMESS

Nick those don't look bad at all. :banghead: I only played with this one as I though the angle was more interesting and YES it would be a great calendar pic IMO. Condsider this photo "blemish removed". :USA:

701plowing.jpg

Nick

With or without the JD thats a nice picture. The field and bright blue sky meeting in the distance. :omg: I also prefer the close up head on shots angle. :banghead:

A title for the picture was a good idea. "Red in the lead for 60 years" :USA:

CasualObserver

I'm trying to see if I can get a higher resolution of this one. Same Mike S, plowing on the same 701 at last years IH/JD Fall Plow day

1961WheelHorse701plowing.jpg

linen beige

Aint that just like a Deere, to sit back and watch a 'Horse work?

charger10us

The JD is loaded down with weights & I'm sure alot heaver ,,BUT the WHEEL HORSE don't have any weights on it!!!!

So we can take a smaller tractor, with NO weights :D:D:D &&& the green thing

with more HP & weights is still coming in 2nd.. :banana: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

And the RED one was made in the :omg::thumbs::lol::lol:

:horseplay: :horseplay: :banghead: :USA:

T-Mo

And the RED one was made in the :omg::thumbs::lol::lol:

:horseplay: :horseplay: :banghead::USA:

True, but so was the John Deere - Horicon, Wisconsin. Where JD still makes their higher echelon lawn and garden equipment, while they (JD) make the less expensive L-series sold at dealers, as well as Lowes and HD, in their plant in Tennenese.

I have to ask Mike how well the little 701 did against the JD 140s, 318s, 400, etc. I do know there were some round fendered JD 110s, with their 8 hp Kohlers, that did extremely well with a plow.

T-Mo

I'm trying to see if I can get a higher resolution of this one. Same Mike S, plowing on the same 701 at last years IH/JD Fall Plow day

If anyone wants to see the video of the plow day event, including the 701 in action , Jason has put it here!

It looks like it did a pretty good job.

DMESS

Let's face it. the 701 and 140 are two completely different classes of machine. Still impressive to see the 701's ability as light and small as it is. having owned a 1965 110 I can, however, assure you that the similar size/hp WH puts the power to the ground more efficiently than the Vari-Speed setup ever could. I'm not familiar with the drive setup in the 140, but it has to outweight the 701 by several hundred pounds. Good job litte horse! :banghead:

pond195520032003

if you guys stop and think for a minute :banghead: horses have always been working the field and pulling some kind of deere equipment :thumbs::USA: so i guess the horse will always ben out in front :horseplay: :banana: :omg:

T-Mo

Dustin,

I think a 140 would be a little heavier than a C141. It had a shaft driven Sundstrand transmission and the H3 version had 3 hydraulic spools, while the H1 had one. The earliest 140, 1968 model, had a 12 hp Kohler and the later ones had a 14 hp Kohler.

I think it's neat seeing that little 701 out there competing against JDs 140, 318s, 400s and the bigger CCs. It looks like it's holding it's own. :banghead: