Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

2009 Wheel Horse Calendar

T-Mo

It's time to get started on our 2009 Wheel Horse Calendar project. I'm open to all suggestions on format, pictures, software, etc. Also I'm open to who ever wants to tackle this project (I did it last year with help from some members).

Anyways, here's what I'm thinking.

1. First off, a cover picture. Last year we had a red barn with the names "Wheel Horse" and "Toro" on it with a line up Wheel Horses in the front of it. This year, after seeing Stephen's (Tickster) little line up after cleaning the garage, I was thinking a cover photo of all generations, or maybe a variety of different eras, i.e. 40's, 50's, 60's, etc. So any one who can contribute, I appreciate it.

2. At least 3 snow removing pictures for those winter months. I know Micah (Mainedad) had some awesome pictures, so I would like him to submit a couple. Also, wouldn't it be neat to have a Christmas theme one (how about TT's snow tractor).

3. Work tractors, show tractors, tractors that's been posed, tractors working, etc., they are all candidates. Sometimes a faded one is just as pretty as a newly restored one.

4. Tractors with unique implements, FEL's (Eldon, we used yours last year, so I would like to have another one this year), front mowers, generators, sickle mowers, etc.

5. I don't want to duplicate any picture from last year.

6. High resolution pictures a must.

7. Some suggestions on what software to use. Maybe a volunteer who is good at this sort to thing to do this.

8. Any suggestions won't be turned down if it's a good one.

You can respond here or send me an email or PM me with your pictures, suggestions, software recommendations, etc. Last year Karl was kind enough to convert my file into a pdf, so we can do that again this year if need be.

Guys, this is our calendar - it's YOUR calendar, so let's see some participation. Thanks.

Under edit: One more thing - with picture, name, location and tractor model or a description would be nice. Thanks again.

Under edit no. 2: I almost forgot. As I look at my pictures, I don't think they're anything special and often think no one else wants to see it. If you think that way, you might be wrong, submit it anyway as others WANT to see. But, on the other hand, we can only use 12 photos (13 with the cover), so if we don't use yours, if wasn't because it wasn't deserving, it was because we are limited to 12 months. It's the nature of the beast. B)

CasualObserver

TMO... I'll email you this one in high res. Use it if you like... I think it would make a nice spring or summer.... Picture was taken May 25... Memorial Day.

mulch3.jpg

T-Mo

Thanks, Jason, that would be a good one. Thanks for submitting it - I got your email.

Nick

This might be ok for a fall picture. Its an older picture so Im not sure about high res. Also someone with better software might have been able to bring out the colors without making the tractor so dark. B)

520w60.jpg

Original picture before enhancing the colors. clickable thumb,

th_520006.jpg

CasualObserver

I stuck this to the top for now, so we don't lose track of it.

Nice pic Nick! B)

kj4kicks

I nominate TT's BT for one of the Summer Fun pics. He sent me a link to the pic, but it's on my other 'puter. :whistle:

Hopefully, I'll have the wind chime tractors done in time to submit B)

Maybe we can round up a good pic of the WH tent at the show for a cover shot?

nylyon

Maybe we can round up a good pic of the WH tent at the show for a cover shot?

I think that would be teriffic!

kj4kicks

You can only see the back end of the tractor, but this is a classic:

P1045848.JPG

kj4kicks

A "two for one" pic:

P7120308.JPG

T-Mo

Good ones, guys. I would like to try and get hi-resolution ones, if possible. Nick, your's is a good one, hopefully the resolution is good enough.

For those who didn't see last year's calendar or for those who forgot, here's a link to it:

2008 Calendar

TT

I have this picture of the RS tent from the show. It's a little dark because of the angle of the sun though. B)

WHCCshow2008034.jpg

Nick

Terry,

I'll send what Ive got on the 520 picture.

He has not been around since May but last winter dspdante posted some nice pictures of his 523 with 2 stage blower in action.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1456&hl=

Direct links to two of the pictures on flickr

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2294/228528...c4838d4e9_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2037/228528...639b5301d_b.jpg

Cant forget last years calendar, I just pulled July off it this morning. B)

dieselhorse

I will have a nice high res pic of my just restored 8-8spd horse later this afternoon. Need to get the mower deck back on it. Mike

dieselhorse

Here are a couple of pics, if you want one, PM me I have the high res ones taken with a 5.0 digital camara. Tractor is a 1973 8-8spd. Mike and Michele T.

000_1719.jpg

000_1721.jpg

DMESS

Nick's pic gets my vote. it's a must. B)

Nick, since I was in picture edit mode today I tweaked it a little. Fixed that tail light too!

520006copy.jpg

kj4kicks

Here's the pic I was looking for of TT's BT:

TT BT

sorekiwi

Girls in bikini's on Wheel Horses! B)

or even better, girls in no bikini's on Wheelhorses! :whistle: B)

bo dawg

How do you guy's load these pictures on here more than 1 at a time. Plus I got to go and play around changing the MB to fit. B)

:whistle:

TT

How do you guy's load these pictures on here more than 1 at a time. Plus I got to go and play around changing the MB to fit. B)

:whistle:

Use a remote host.

See THIS POST.

bo dawg

Now I see, I looked for this photo bucket thing before and couldn't find it.

TT... you are a big help B) I'm going to check it out.

T-Mo

Maybe January's picture:

calender-1.jpg

Micah I used the picture from your thread back in January this year. But if you have any high resolution ones, that would be better I think.

Also, if any suggestions on format, let me have it. B)

T-Mo

Or how about this:

calender_2.jpg

nylyon

I vote for the second one B)

Rod(NASNUT)

I vote for the second one B)

Yes the second one :banana: :horseplay: