Sign in to follow this  
Hammerhead

Snow machines got another work out!

Hammerhead

I tried out my newly installed snow thrower on my 1965 875 this week. However it didn't work very well for it's first time in use. The belt wouldn't stay engaged and the throttle kept freezing up and sticking. I didn't want to mess with it in the blizzard so I hopped on my trusty 1974 A90 Special and plowed everything! It wasn't running very good either, it kept stalling out every few minutes. I would then blow in the gas tank and that would fix it for a few more minutes, then it would die again. Talk about a pain in my frozen butt! It stalled out in the road a few times and that was scary! Luckily no cars were out driving in this weather. This A90 Special plows really well with the rear wheel weights and bar lugs. I have some chains but have never installed them. The 875 with turf tires will need a set of chains for sure. It didn't get no traction at all. 021-3_zpsbcd4daba.jpg019-4_zpsa5c6968a.jpg013-9_zpsf73e7388.jpg

• Like 1

Irv

Sounds like the gas cap vent on the A90 is plugged.

Sparky

Nice pics...got the chills just lookin at em!

Does the A-90 have a uni-drive tranny or is it one of the ones with a different tranny?

Mike...........

Hammerhead

Sounds like the gas cap vent on the A90 is plugged.

I will have to check the vent hole, good idea and thanks for the advice. It doesn't have a fuel pump so it must be gravity fed or the pump is disconnected? I'll have to check it out better. Thank You...KJ

Nice pics...got the chills just lookin at em!

Does the A-90 have a uni-drive tranny or is it one of the ones with a different tranny?

Mike..........

Hey Sparky, it has one of them cast iron Pearless transmissions. I think they are pretty beefy, alot of Sears tractors had Pearless tranny's. I think these machines were another "old parts shelf clearing" type of tractors that they used up old parts from there inventory. Like the 603 Special's and 1045's. KJ

qd-16

There is an idler pulley on a bracket that mounts to the frame...it keeps tension on the blower belt, I see you are missing that. Hopefully someone will have a pic. so you can see what I am talking about.