Sign in to follow this  
jmurray77

Fuse/Starting Issue

jmurray77

Hi... I was plowing at night and the headlights went out. When I shut off the engine, it would not restart. No starter, nothing. The next morning, I replaced the fuses (all of them) and then the starter would go and go, but it wouldn't actually start. I notice the starter works fine with the sparkplugs out, and the spark plugs look good. I am now assuming there is an electrical issue, but I have no idea where to begin looking.

Thanks for any help.

Jon

TT

:WRS:

What tractor are you working with? (post the model number if you have it)

jmurray77

It is a 418-8. A v-Twin. I am unsure of the year. It was a hand-me-down that has been both useful and frustrating/educational!

ericj

did you check to see if the battery charge is adequate, over 12 volts. if you were plowing with lights on you might have just run the battery down

eric

liketoplayto

sounds like u blowed a fuse that was issue i had with my 312-8 so i replaced fuse then after awhile started blowing consistantly so i had to replace fuse box cause it collects lot of crap and moisture and everything corudes and then start hitting each wire inside causing it to over load the fuse anyways thats what my problem was