Sign in to follow this  
steve k

are 3 rib tires good in snow?

Kelly

I buy mine off Ebay, type in Deestone 3 rib, you will want the 4x8 not the 3.5x8 and be sure it says 8" not 6" about $75 with tubes and shipping for a pair.

• Like 1

wh22366

That bike chain fix is great! When I was blowing snow out of my dirt driveway with a big Gravely tractor (which weighed as much as a WH 520H), I couldn't steer half the time with front turfs. The fix was a set of front tire chains. I didn't know from tri-ribs at the time, but I'm sure they would have made a big difference.

welderman85

I have to get a set to try out sounds like they work better than the half wore out turff tires on my 314 now how wide of a wheel do I need for a 4" wide tire

rick

@fourwheels0- it's hard to find anything advanced in most of Virginia.....if they didn't have it during the depression, forget it! That is why we have the internet! Miller Tire has a good selection of tires, amongst others.

• Like 1

WheelHorseSteve

Also consider the Vredestein V61s as a nice compromise. I have the Miller Tire Firestone tri-ribs on my C-120 and they are awesome but they are definitely harder on the lawn than the V61s. They corner great on the snow/ice and are a little cheaper to boot. Here is a picture of them on the C-160:

Picture005-3.jpg