Sign in to follow this  
855ownerJoel

Tiller RT 366 Value

855ownerJoel

Looking at this RT 366 tiller tomorrow. What is it worth? Thinking of offering $150.00 is that crazy? Would really like to add a tiller to my work equipment. Thought if I got it now I could refurbish before spring time hits. I have seen soe working on internet and they seem to be good workers. Want to use it to work up garden and food plots for the deer. Any thoughts would be great!post-8621-0-15865000-1356903777.jpg

can whlvr

as long as it works and every thing is there,thats a fair price,a good deal where i live but we dont have as much stuff as some places

sorekiwi

I paid a little more than that for mine (also a 366).

The very early tillers are a little different than the later ones in the belt/idler arrangement and in the length of the hitch bracket on the front.

I ended up adapting a NOS twin belt drive arrangement to mine, and had to change the front subframe to fit it to my 1267.

Let me know if you want details.

IMG_3782.jpg

855ownerJoel

Looks a little dangerous with belt location, do you use a guard for the belt?

I paid a little more than that for mine (also a 366).

The very early tillers are a little different than the later ones in the belt/idler arrangement and in the length of the hitch bracket on the front.

I ended up adapting a NOS twin belt drive arrangement to mine, and had to change the front subframe to fit it to my 1267.

Let me know if you want details.

IMG_3782.jpg

sorekiwi

Looks a little dangerous with belt location, do you use a guard for the belt?

No I dont have a guard. The manual shows one, but I havent seen one in real life.

I may make one some day, but its not high on my priority list. The footrest on this tractor is positioned so your leg stays in one place, as opposed to a tractor with footboards where you can move your foot/leg around. There is a couple of inch's of clearance between my leg and the belt, I'm not too concerned about it. If I hurt myself, I'm not going to be running around looking to sue someone (the main reason there is gaurds on everything these days).

brandonozz

I think I had to give $300 for mine and the guy wouldn't budge a bit. About a year later I saw one on the local CL for $100 - just my luck! They work great on gardens but be prepared to spend a lot of time if your putting in food plots - expecially if it's the first time you break the ground. Can't go too fast or the tiller won't stay deep. Even had one time the belt started slipping due to trying to go too fast on hard virgin pasture ground.

Kelly

The early tillers don't bring as much as the newer ones do, be sure the bearings are good, I see the mid idler pulleys and a belt, but no axle bracket, you will need the early bracket not the later one it will not fit, and what tractor will you be running it with??

SousaKerry

Wow 855owner Joel that thing looks like an accident waiting to happen and hungry for a pant leg too :eek:

I think I would start riding it side saddle

855ownerJoel

The early tillers don't bring as much as the newer ones do, be sure the bearings are good, I see the mid idler pulleys and a belt, but no axle bracket, you will need the early bracket not the later one it will not fit, and what tractor will you be running it with??

I was hoping to put it on my B80 or my 8. I have several options and growing.

855ownerJoel

Brought it home last night. Better shape than expected. Now excited for spring...... Will post picks after I finish cleaning it up.

Whmaverick

Pics, before and after pics,pics,pics please.

855ownerJoel
post-8621-0-08233100-1357431204_thumb.jppost-8621-0-71563800-1357431218_thumb.jpHere are some pics. Really checks out great, bearings and gear box are tight and roll great. Little seal leaking but will replace them and then get ready for spring.

can whlvr

good lookin for 150,as i said they work great

Kelly

Did you get the rear axle bracket?? that tiller uses the old style bracket, the new one will not fit it, not sure on that tiller, but some use a rear bracket that has a idler pulley mounted on it just for the tiller.

855ownerJoel

I have one and checked it today, looks to fit. When I get some time (and room in the shop) I will hook it up and test run before spring gets here.