Sign in to follow this  
ted the tractor

please help me with my Wheel Horse

ted the tractor

I was lucky enough to be given a wheel horse for Christmas but me and my family don't know much about them and we wondered how old it is. Dad thinks it might be an older one but we don't know how to find out. Please can anyone help us find out. The model number is 1-1641 and the serial number is 111971. Also are there any groups I can join to help me. Thank you very much, John (age 9) my mum has tried to post a photo but we cant so will try again later.

rmaynard

:WRS: Glad to have you aboard. The best way to try to identify your tractor is with some pictures. If you and your mom can get some posted, that will help. Many of the model numbers of Wheel Horse's made in Europe are not the same as the ones made in the US. 1-1641 does not show on my list either. As far as groups, this is the only one you will need. With over 6000 members, I'm sure you will find anything you need.

• Like 1

Hodge71

Ted,

I'm having a tough time finding the 1-1641. I found a 1-1631 which is a 1968 lawn ranger and a 2-1641 which is a rear engine rider. Pics will definitely help in the positive ID...maybe someone with more knowledge than myself will help too. It might be that youre across the pond so to speak

Good luck and welcome to Redsquare

dclarke

John, :WRS: Post up some pictures of your tractor and someone here can help you identify it. This is the place to be for help with your Wheel Horse.

Tankman

Welcome to Red :wh: Square!

For help with any Wheel Horse, you found the right place!

Good luck with your new Stallion! :)

KATO

Welcome to :rs: you'll get lot's of help here !

Duff

Hi, John, and Welcome to :rs: !

As the folks above have said, everything you'll need to know about your tractor is available through this forum, and we're always delighted to have another young person join our group! You've been given a remarkable machine - one that properly taken care of will last you a lifetime.

We are lucky and privileged to have quite a number of members from the UK and Europe, one or more of whom I am sure will be more than happy to guide you through identifying and getting your machine running perfectly. When you are able, photos will definitely help us to help you.

Glad to have you among us!

~Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sparky

Also are there any groups I can join to help me. Thank you very much, John (age 9)

:WRS:

You've found the best place or group for anything you want to know about on your Wheel Horse. Unfortunately I was unable, like the rest of the guys here, to find that model#. Might of been a European model# only.

Try to get that picture thing figured out ( or e-mail it to me at sparkiees66@yahoo.com ) and I'll post it for you.

Mike.........

ted the tractor

thank you all my dad said it might of been made in Belgium and we'll post some pictures on later. :)

nylyon

Hi Ted, and welcome to :rs: Your tractor was likely made in Belgium, and of course the pictures will certainly help but also the type of engine, or any identifying numbers off the engine will help date the tractor. Be sure to introduce yourself in the Euro section of the forum. We have a number of members from the U.K. here who will be able to offer help with parts, accessories, and decals.

JimmyJam

Welcome to Redsquare! Nice looking Christmas present!

Edited by JimmyJam

ted the tractor

Hi, John's mum here, just wanted to say a big thank you for your help so far, John has been so excited to get replies, and we are relieved as we didn't have much of a clue where to look. We think it has a Kolher engine in it.

I will try and upload the photos, if it fails I will take the kind gentleman up on his offer of help (thanks for that).

All three of us would be grateful for any help or pointers you can give us to help with this. He is hoping to take it to local steam rallies in the summer.

http://DSCN0019_zps5c2ae465.jpg

[url="http://DSCN0016_zpsbe18fb55.jpg"]http://DSCN0016_zpsbe18fb55.jpg

• Like 6

AMC RULES

Awesome little :wh: Ranger there.

Welcome to :rs: John&Mum. :handgestures-thumbsup:

clemedc

Sweet lil Ranger and welcome to Red Square

Sparky

Those hood decals make me think its a 1968 Lawn Ranger. A very nice looking Lawn Ranger as well! Over here in the USA they came with Tecumseh engines but if your has been upgraded to a Kohler thats even better in my book.

Ours are model# 1-1631.

Mike........

Foozerush

Welcome to RS!!!! Nice round hood there, perfect 1st tractor!!

rmaynard

Great looking little Lawn Ranger :thumbs:

Mum, you did a fine job posting the pics. We have several young members on here. Always glad to see their perspective on the :wh: hobby.

roscoemi

:WRS: That's a nice little 'Ranger you have. My 9yr old son recieved one for Christmas also! He will probably stop by later and say hi.

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

:WRS: Nice looking ranger! They are some neat little tractors! I am currently restoring a 67, you can check it out in the restorations section. ~Jake

KC9KAS

:WRS: Very nice looking tractor. You look very happy driving it! Have fun and be careful!

P'chop

Hi,John. :WRS: I have a LawnRanger too.It's a 1967 L 157 tecky 6 hp.It has a snow plow,and a mower deck. I am looking forward to seing you post on here againas we are the same age. Have fun with your tractor. :happy-jumpeveryone:

Kyle...

• Like 1

kthack657

With the three spokes on the steering wheel, it is a 1968 lawn ranger, nice looking tractor though!!

ted the tractor

Thank you all for helping me specially sparky and kthack657 for telling me three spokes on the steering wheel tells that it is a 1968 lawn ranger also the rest of you rest for saying nice things about my tractor. I think me and Kyle are so lucky getting our tractors at the same age getting them for Christmas. Thanks for the message Kyle, your tractor is really nice and I think its great, please keep in touch and we can talk about our tractors! John :) Thanks...... hhogh .................., .. .......

gwest_ca

Most 1968 tractor model numbers end in 31 and 1969 models end in 41. My guess is Belgium kept producing the the 1968 Lawn Ranger in 1969 and used the 1-1641 model number. The 111971 serial number is consistent with Belgium production.

You can download the 1968 Lawn Ranger manual from the Manuals here at RedSquare.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/625-tractor-1968-lawn-ranger-1-1631-1-2631-om-ipl-wiring-317s-318spdf/

2 different scans

Garry

ted the tractor

Thanks everyone, can't believe how many replies and how much help we have been given in the last 24 hours. We are all thrilled with it all. Will be downloading the manuals later tonight to keep for reference. We love the tractor with the snow plough given to Kyle, lovely bit of kit and very useful by the looks of it!