Sign in to follow this  
CTPhil

Universality of Front Wheels

CTPhil

I'm going to need a front wheel for my Raider 12. Just how universal are WH front wheels? Other models? Other brands?

Thanks in advance!

Sparky

I think any WH front rim will fit just fine. But rims from other brands may not have the same hub depth and you may have to use washers or shims to make up the differance.

Mike............

AMC RULES

I think any WH front rim will fit just fine. But rims from other brands may not have the same hub depth and you may have to use washers or shims to make up the differance.

Mike............

Yep, like this nonsense right here.

post-3498-0-23717800-1356385032_thumb.jp

Kelly

For your Raider, most but not all rims from 1965 up will fit, up till about 75 they are the narrow rims like your raider, after that they are the wide rims but will fit, even the ones off some of the vert shaft tractors that have 8" rims will fit, do you need rims?? I have narrow and wide ones send me a PM.

CTPhil

Ha ha, I believe I'd like to avoid that situation. :)

JimmyJam

Mike............

Wow... that's a whole lot of washers!!, Craig...at least a box!!! LOL :laughing-rofl:

AMC RULES

I know...right, but that's the way I got it.

Took me awhile to find the correct rims, and offset...but c'mon...they're out there. :teasing-poke:

JimmyJam

I know...right, but that's the way I got it.

Took me awhile to find the correct rims, and offset...but c'mon...they're out there. :teasing-poke:

I totally agree Craig! On my Workhorse 800 the PO drilled-tapped- & washer-bolted front wheels to spindles. What the heck!!!!

Kelly

jimmy, you mean it has bolts in the ends of the spindles with washers to hold the rims on? if so that would be correct, most of the mid 60's to mid 70's are that way, and are the best, they don't pop off like C clips or snap rings, had that happen a few times when plowing snow not fun.

JimmyJam

Thanks Kelly. I thought all of 'em were pinned. This same Workhorse 800 has front tires of 18x8.50-8

ps: Kelly could you PM me: looking for fuel pump for that Tecumseh.

post-8802-0-89705800-1355452467_thumb.jp

Kelly

No fuel pumps, but I'm pretty sure those front rims are not for that tractor, and about 90% sure there is no bearing or even bushings in them, they look like rear wheels off a MTD or such, and if they are they will be tearing up your spindles real fast.

Jake Kuhn

If I have not been able to have one wide enough to fit the spindle and did not have the correct one. I have put narrower rims on there and put a shaft collar on the spindle from keeping it from wobbling everywhere. ~Jake

JimmyJam

No fuel pumps, but I'm pretty sure those front rims are not for that tractor, and about 90% sure there is no bearing or even bushings in them, they look like rear wheels off a MTD or such, and if they are they will be tearing up your spindles real fast.

Thanks Kelly! TT (Terry) mentioned the same in another thread when I posted pics. The PO gave me additional rims (rusty). What size tires should I use? Also can I use any garden tractor diaphram fuel pump?

876wheelhorse

my spindles are different one side has the snap ring and the other a 9/16 bolt..... weird not suppose to be that way dont think lol

JimmyJam

If I have not been able to have one wide enough to fit the spindle and did not have the correct one. I have put narrower rims on there and put a shaft collar on the spindle from keeping it from wobbling everywhere. ~Jake

Jake... Where do you find shaft collars?

CasualObserver

You can usually get collars at any good hardware store.

via Tapatalk