Sign in to follow this  
toolmaker40

416-8 model #31-16k803

toolmaker40

i just bought this tractor all the saftey switchs wires were burnt up melted it had all been by passed, any way i am just hooking up the needed wires

the touble i am having is where does the purple wire hook up to ? i know the red wires are the oil pressure switch,white is the kill wire but the purple?

i have looked at the diagram cant figure it out , i put meter on it no power output?

toolmaker40

thanks, yes i have used the diagram to wire it , the white wire on the "M" terminal of the ignition switch, but when i put the purple on the "R" it causes a dead short???? so i have left it off for the time being the lights,gauges work fine with the ignition , ?????

thanks

gwest_ca

You must be working with a different set of wires than what we see in the diagram.

Where does your white wire come from?

Where does the purple wire come from?

Garry

toolmaker40

it has a white,purple,2 red wires on the motor side of the harness its a kohler 16 magnum 1987 i think

thanks for the reply

gwest_ca

I think there is a huge mistake on the one-page wiring diagram.

The white wire from the voltage regulator on the engine should go to the R terminal on the ignition switch. It is shown on the diagram going to the A or accessories terminal.

The dark green should go to the A terminal so these 2 wires got switched.

If you are looking at the 4-page detailed wiring the charging circuit is correct - white to the R terminal.

The gauge and light circuits show the green wire going to the R terminal also but that is wrong. Should go to the A terminal.

The purple wires go from the pto switch to the transmission clutch switch and from the switching relay to the starter solenoid.

Garry