Sign in to follow this  
rydogg

Any guitar players out there???

rydogg

The wife wanted an acoustic guitar for Christmas so I picked up a a Fender FA-130 acoustic/electric guitar starter pack I am wondering what the best way is for her to learn on this such as a good guitar lesson DVD I have been watching the Ralph Paul guitar infomercials but the reviews say these are mostly for electric guitars. I may also look for an electric guitar for myself but know nothing about them I was looking at a BC Rich Masterpiece Eagle on ebay.

guitar1.jpg

guitar2.jpg

VinsRJ

I've been playing since the mid 80s... If you are just looking to play next to the camp fire then a good beginners book and video will get you were you want to be. If you want to "wow" the croud then at the end of the day, one on one lessons is the way to go.

I am self taught and it shows... LOL!

Jake Kuhn

I have been playing for a couple of years but I am just a beginner. The best way to learn if you want to know how to play it well is to take one on one lessons like vince said.

AMC RULES

Check out this guy. :thumbs:

Shuboxlover

Back in the day I could play a MEAN Guitar Hero.........Does that count??? :)

• Like 1

TT

I'm a guitar owner. B) Opinions may vary as far as my playing, but I have been trying since 1981.

I took a few lessons in the beginning ~ until I realized how much they disrupted Saturday mornings. I wish I would have stuck with it for a while. :banghead:

I still have the Lyle electric (Gibson SG replica) and Darius amp that I started with in '81.

I also have a Fender DG-8S acoustic, a Washburn X-11B electric with a Johnson Reptone 30R amp, and a Recording King RD-06-12 twelve string.

One year ago yesterday I had the carpal tunnel release surgery in my right hand and I suspect it won't be long until my left hand needs it too.

That tends to squelch any chance I have at getting better at playing, but I'm not ready to give up yet. :handgestures-thumbup:

neil

Carpel Tunnel , I have just been diagnosed with that, but i will wait as long as i can to have the release op.

I have been playing Guitar for nearly ten years now

The most important bit of information that you need to have when beginning is ...Practice as much as you can , say every day for twenty mins or so , dont lose interest after a few weeks

you can play thousands on songs by just learning 3 chords and most of all enjoy it cos after a few days you should be able to play your first little tune.

I used a software called guitar pro which i downloaded free from the internet and this was great in helping me at the beginning .as it plays by Tablature format and is good fun .

Good luck , and stick with it , and you wont regret buying it as i found it was one of the best things that i ever learnt

6wheeler

I have been "TRYING" to play for years. Not very good though. 2 of my boys and my nephew are very good and they are patient and kind enough to work with me. Although, none of them are afraid to tell me how much I suck at it. I play the harmonica too. I think starter books are good to start with, just to get your feet wet. But then? Go get lessons and learn to read music. I know 2 guys that I consider very good players,both are in bar bands and were self taught. They always say "I need to learn to read music" because they both play by sound.They can listen to a song and play it. But, they can't read music and play it. My nephew even builds his own guitars. He usually buys some "Pawn Shop" instrument and makes them better. He really likes his Stratocaster and 1 of my boys plays a Gibson Explorer and the other likes his B.C. Rich. My nephew has my Schecter at his house now, it is getting new pickups and humbuckers. I can't wait for it to be done. Good luck to ya and Merry Cristmas

decksetter

I've been playing ten years or so, and I have to say, not everyone will learn best from the same method. Lessons can be good, but a lot of the time you'll just start out learning scales and stuff. That can be frustrating if you don't play anything that sounds like anything for a long time. I just bought a $10 chord book and found some chord sheets on the internet and away I went. I picked it up by hearing it and playing with people.

Also, if you start out playing too much too quick you may get tendonitis in your wrist. If you think your door arm just came at random, save yourself a doctor visit and just take a few days off from guitar.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

AMC RULES

So, I'm wondering...would an air guitar count? :)