Sign in to follow this  
gcole

10 hp ability

gcole

Hi guys I was wondering how capable a 10 hp kohler is?? Will it run my 36 inch tiller,42 inch deck two stage blower, moalboard plow and snow plow. thanks In advace

CasualObserver

It will run most of that with ease, but might stumble a bit on the two stage blower. I think the recommendation on that is a minimum of 12hp.

via Tapatalk

gcole

So the 10 will handle the tiller and 42 inch decks with no problems??

leeave96

I have a 10 hp engine on an IH cub cadet and it seems to be a strong runner. I run a 3 blade 44 inch deck and so far so good. With regards to a snow blower or tiller, I think the 10 hp would run them, but be prepared to take a half cut when the engine gets overloaded.

Good luck,

Bill

KC9KAS

Hi guys I was wondering how capable a 10 hp kohler is?? Will it run my 36 inch tiller,42 inch deck two stage blower, moalboard plow and snow plow. thanks In advace

Not all at the same time! They are tough, but not THAT tough! :ychain:

Jim_M

It will run everything just fine except for a 2 stage snow thrower. It will probably run it but you wouldn't be able to take a full cut. They're better suited to a tractor with hydraulic lift also.

B-100 Dan

Hi Graham, That 10 horse will run all that you have listed. You will run out of traction way before you run out of power, then get the wheel weights out . Good luck.

illinilefttackle

It should do just fine-one thing tho-how good of condition is the motor? When I first got my C-125 A, I thought is was strong for 12hp-but it used a little oil-so I completely rebuilt it-afterwards I would say I had 2x the power I did before! Good Luck-Al

JackC

It may handle some of that but I personally would not do it.

The 10 may handle a single stage blower but I would not try it with the 2 stage blower.

Maybe that is why many of us have multiple machines with both big and small engines.

16 to 20 would be more appropriate.

ericj

it should do everything but the 2 stage blower. i ran a 48" sd deck on a 310-8 with no problem just keep after it a 42 should be a problem if the motor is not shot, good luck

eric

gcole

By the sounds of it the 10 it's a pretty stout engine. But one more question for. My attachments would I be better to use a 12 a friend of mine has one out of a 78 112 Deere would this one be to hard to put in?? Thanks in advance

B-100 Dan

If memory serves me correct, the PTO end of the John Deere motor is different than a Wheel Horse, so the implement clutch would not work. But its been a while, and they say the mind is the first to go....

IthacaJeff

I've got a 310-8, 10 Hp Magnum. It pushes snow and dirt with ease, has no problem with a 42" deck,

and runs the 36" tiller off the back. The tiller won't dig super deep in my clayey soil, so I think 12 hp

might be a better choice. It pulls my 10" single bottom plow with surprising ease. Traction is the only

issue, and I run a double set of chains. I've got no experience with a blower.

Jeff

gcole

If memory serves me correct, the PTO end of the John Deere motor is different than a Wheel Horse, so the implement clutch would not work. But its been a while, and they say the mind is the first to go....

. You are correct in that one but my wheel horse has a Honda clone in it now and the pto has already been set up for inch

Is there anything else I should be aware of the Deere engine?

can whlvr

hey garry,as the guys said the 10 will do do most anything if you have patience,dont expect to run full 2nd gear if the grass is thick and long,if a guy has time to keep on to the grass it is a breeze,in my soil which is strong red clay my 10 hp that is new stuggles with the tiller,i run it behind a 414-8 and she works at times,but in loamy soil the gov doesnt even kick in ,so it really depends on conditions,i wouldnt worry about the 10 hp though,its a great engine if in good shape

rustyoldjunk

By the sounds of it the 10 it's a pretty stout engine. But one more question for. My attachments would I be better to use a 12 a friend of mine has one out of a 78 112 Deere would this one be to hard to put in?? Thanks in advance

A couple things.The last year for the112 was 74 and the 12 in 112 didn't designate horse power.I believe you will find that is a ten hp engine.Check the model number to be sure.I also believe the oil pan is different on the Deere.

gcole

I don't know the year but this one is defenetly a 12 it says on the engine decal and k301 is stamped into the block. This one is rubber mounted can the rubber mounting be removed?

gcole

So does anyone know what needs to be done to put a Deere engine in a horse?

Thanks in advance