Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

Nemesis

6wheeler

Its official... I now have a new NEMESIS!!!!!!!!! CHRISTMAS LIGHTS........ It used to be my 87 Toronado which now has all the electrical gremlins kicked out of her. But tonight when I got home from work, the front yard light arrangement wasn't lit. So not ever being accused of thinking things through, I go and check all the plugs and power junctions to make sure they didn't get disturbed by the wind and snow. AND, it is very cold outside. So with nothing out of order. I go in the house and say to miss Lori " I don't know what the h#$l is wrong with them". She says, " Did you check the timer"? I look at her like she just fell off the turnip wagon and say, "the timer can't be the problem". So I go back outside and of course the timer "IS" the problem. So I fix that and only half of the lights go on :banghead: . So now back to the cords and such "nothing" :deadhorse: . Now frozen and hands made out of icicles I say "don't work then you rotten b@#%@$d's. I don't care if you never work again"! I go back in the house and say " well they just ain't gonna work"... PERIOD :snooty: . So then, I am sitting down to supper and look outside and all of the lights are back on :woohoo: . But 10 minutes later a string in one of the trees goes out and comes back on :*****: . Well, it may not be the end of the world for us.... But it is absolutely the end of the world for them after Christmas.... Working or not.

• Like 3

Kelly

I hate Christmas lights, we started buying new LED ones this year so far so good.

JimD

I have a foolproof system with Christmas lights, I don't put any up. :ychain::dance: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Terry M

I had so much trouble with x-mas lights last year that I just tossed them all. bought some new ones but too busy to put them up. oh well, Kids say i now look like a Green Grinch. I promised to put them up next year.

squonk

The 12 Pains of Christmas!! RIGGING UP THE LIGHTS!!!!!!

• Like 3

Rollerman

I'm not to crazy about outside lights, but the wife pushed & pushed for me to put some up this year.

Turned out pretty decet,,,then the winds Thursday took half of them down. :*****:

varosd

Dang Squonk! That was the clip I was searching for. I havent heard that since the 90's but I quote it a lot!

6wheeler-we got all LEDs and turned in the old ones to Lowe'st for proper disposal. I had old first generation icicle lights that were "doubled" over as some ends were burnt out. what a mess and glad we got the LED's!

rmaynard

Kind of reminds me of Christmas Vacation. "Are you sure they are plugged in Sparky?"

Sent from my MB520 using Tapatalk 2

squonk

Now I can't sit with Comfort and Joy! Boy or Boy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n22-Xk4MTEc

• Like 1