Sign in to follow this  
rydogg

552 playin in the snow

rydogg

We are under a blizzard warning here in southern MN expecting 4 to 12 inches of snow and high winds so I thought I better get the Farmall in the shop since the old girl doesn't start very well when it gets cold out (6V system)....I couldn't resist taking the 552 out for a little bit to clear the driveway, that little Lauson didn't miss a beat. I put a HL5 light on it so I could see a little better and I dug out the 6x12 chains that I will install tomorrow, the tractor bars would work great but I have a pretty good incline to get up and was spinning a little. Schools are already cancelled it should be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

wheelhorse342.jpg

wheelhorse343.jpg

wheelhorse344.jpg

• Like 4

rj35hunter

That's awesome! I wish we could get some snow like that down here this winter. :text-coolphotos:

Clay

dbartlett1958

rydogg,

It is funny how boys never seem to tire of playing in the snow.

AMC RULES

Ol' girl looks good out there, pushin' a full blade.

Looking forward to tomorrow's picts too. :handgestures-thumbsup:

Jake Kuhn

Very cool! Can't wait to get some snow here so I can try out the 702 and c120! ~Jake

Tankman

Lookin' good! That Horse will get the job done for sure! :)

I too am eager to see the "after" pic's along with the 1st Blast of Winter details.

Winter doesn't start till tomorrow, guess you guys in MN rate! :laughing-rofl:

Wheel-N-It

Looks like fun! We usually don't get enough snow to put a blade on till January, if then. Some winters it dosen't snow that much.

I'm ready here, just waiting on the white stuff:)

Kelly

They are calling for snow here but only a couple inch. sounds like you will be putting the 552 to work over the next day or so.

stevasaurus

Looks great Ryan...hope you Minnesota guys aren't going to hog all the white stuff. :) :happy-jumpeveryone:

Lane Ranger

This DRACO Storm looks like it was made for Wheel Horse work! That 552 is going to be busy!

KC9KAS

Looks like you are having a good time pushing snow. We are expecting a "dusting" tonight, but that is about it.

At least you will have a White Christmas!

rydogg

Here are some pictures I took today. We got some snow drifts but nothing too bad....I put the chains on the 552 and it handled it with ease. I usually use a C series tractor with a snowthrower but I haven't taken the time to dig it out of the shed I think it would take a couple days just to get to it :banghead: We haven't gotten enough snow in the last couple years to justify setting up a snow removal tractor so I wasn't in a hurry to get it ready this year.

wheelhorse348.jpg

wheelhorse349.jpg

Ken B

Very nice! It's nice to see the smaller tractors gettin the job done!

Hydro

I wish you could push some of that up here!

leeave96

Nice - no wheel weights either!

roscoemi

We have 7'+ of the heavy wet stuff and it's still coming, supposed to get up to 20" by tommorrow night. My single stage short shute kept plugging, sometimes within 30 seconds of clearing it. This stuff is like pumping concrete, was not fun at all. Spent 2 hours clearing my small drive and the neighbors ( they brought beer), then the neighborhood plow guy decides everybody is done and refills the driveways. :banghead::angry-cussingwhite: Tried filling his truck but the chute jammed yet again.

• Like 1

855ownerJoel

Just finished two days of wet snow for about a total of 12 inches, cleared driveways and the ****** road plow pounded the end of the driveway with wet slushy snow. The 855, and B80 with blower cleared it out but I am tired of plowing and I was waiting for a chance to play. I guess we need to be careful what we wish for!

Coadster32

That 552s looking good out there!! Amazing how much work they can really do. Have fun. I plowed with my 551 a few short years back.