Sign in to follow this  
JimD

Watching water freeze.

JimD

For any of you that live near one of the Great Lakes, have you ever gone to the lake and sat there watching the water freeze? I happen to know a guy who does. Do you think this is strange?

KC9KAS

Sounds like he has too much time on his hands!

Does he watch paint dry too?

JimD

Knowing this guy, yes he does. :ROTF: But he is very impatient. He has several shirts that have stripes on them from wet park benches. :teasing-tease:

Edited by JimD

Shuboxlover

Sounds like he has too much time on his hands!

Does he watch paint dry too?

or the grass grow???

stevasaurus

Do I know this guy Jim??? :) Did I tell you my lawn chair got froze in the yard today. :bow-blue: I was able to see it coming.

JimD

Does he know this guy?

SWHAHAHA.jpg

CasualObserver

Sounds relaxing if you've got the time. Not too far from sitting and watching a lake when the fish arent biting if you ask me. fishing.gif

via Tapatalk

• Like 1

squonk

Cayuga Lake water doesn't freeze here on the north end. Tractor people from all corners of the globe come here to get some to put in their tractor tires for winter ballast. Cheaper than Rim :):hide: guard!

• Like 1

Wyattrrp

Somethimes the fishies do not want to bite...... That's why they call it "fishin", not "catchin".

I never watched a lake "freeze" but did see a lake "thaw". The ice in the spring on Lake Sunapee in NH, a good sized waterbody, formed into millions of 3 inch tall hexigon crystalike verticle shafts, all floating in unison looking like a solid ice surface that sort of waved in the breeze, like short pencils standing upright in the water, then the wind blew them all to one end of the lake where the force of the oncoming ice shafts pushed those next to shore onto the beach front lawn of the cottage next door. When it ended, the pile on the neighbors front lawn was 10 feet high and 40 feet across. If only I had my trusty WH 42 inch single stage blower back then I would have taken control and blown all those ice crystals back into the lake!! NOT!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

People are strange, when you're a stranger Jim. :popcorn:

krazy_horse

Y just today I was setting here watching my John Deere Rust. krazy_horse

• Like 2

stevasaurus

krazy_horse...if I get my lawn chair broke loose from the back yard...can I come down to Georgia and help ya watch the Deere rust...sounds interesting and like a good time. :)

buckrancher

krazy_horse...if I get my lawn chair broke loose from the back yard...can I come down to Georgia and help ya watch the Deere rust...sounds interesting and like a good time. :)

Steve if you bring the wine and rock-n-rye I'll join ya

Brian

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Brian, I think that this is something that we should seriously consider. That Deere could be rusting faster then we are making ice. :happy-jumpeveryone: I'm already having a good time just thinking about it. :) Got to bring JimD with us...he is having a hard time thinking you can have fun doing nothing.

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

JimD

Brian, I think that this is something that we should seriously consider. That Deere could be rusting faster then we are making ice. :happy-jumpeveryone: I'm already having a good time just thinking about it. :) Got to bring JimD with us...he is having a hard time thinking you can have fun doing nothing.

Au contraire mon ami! (you can say that when you plow snow in your French hat :ychain: ) I sit here and do nothing at the computer all the time. Hahaha.

squonk

After watching those Subway commercial's, If I were you I'd opt for a new chair. One of those heavy wooden Adirondack models might be a good choice!! :ychain: :ychain: Edited by squonk

varosd

Maybe he is contemplating SNL's Deep Thoughts..."The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."

• Like 1