Sign in to follow this  
Stepney

Do you think this is all origional? B-100 Auto

Stepney

This is my fathers new toy, it's a 1974 Wheel Horse B-100 Auto. It came with the original squared trailer, and the 36" RD mower deck. It looks original to me, too. But, there is no remains of a fender decal, and there isn't a Uni-Drive decal on the transmission. it is a good runner, though! 540 hours on an unoriginal hour meter. I never met the owner, but I heard it was bought new by his father. He couldn't remember if it had been redone or not. What do you think?

post-8534-0-20662900-1355960681_thumb.jppost-8534-0-99501200-1355960796_thumb.jp

Spenser.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

WOW...nice, well kept horse...thanks for sharing the pictures. :) I have a B-100 also, but I know it is not all correct, but what a great horse.

TT

From what I can tell by the pictures, it was never painted.

The grille damage makes me wonder if Ray Charles might have owned this tractor at one time. :hide:

• Like 4

gcole

Nice machine and with wheel horse weights too

refracman

That is a Nice tractor! congrats to your Dad!

Id would say its original, the decals that can be seen in the pics all look right. Don't let the missing fender pan mislead you, I have seen a few that fell off and being a hydro the only decal it should have concerning the rearend should be on the right side lower fender on how to release the tow valve. I don't believe the hydros can with the unidrive decal.

KC9KAS

Very nice B-100.

I have a 1975, but yours looks much better than mine!

BOWTIE

BOY THAT IS A NICE TRACTOR. I THINK IT HAS BEEN PAINTED ON SOME. THE PTO ADJUSTMENT ROD AND MULE NUT SHOULD BE SILVER ZINC PLATED. THE SEAT IS A REPLACEMENT. THAT NOT MUCH CONSIDERING IT IS 39 YEARS OLD. THAT IS A NICE ORIGINAL TRACTOR.

BOWTIE IN OHIO

TT

THE PTO ADJUSTMENT ROD AND MULE NUT SHOULD BE SILVER ZINC PLATED. THE SEAT IS A REPLACEMENT.

The PTO engagement rod was painted red on those tractors and that is the correct standard seat for a B-100 Automatic.

No comment on the "mule nut". :hide:

BOWTIE

TERRY, I WOULD OF THOUGHT THE SEAT WOULD HAVE THE WHEEL HORSE CREST ON IT. I HAVE A 75 B80 AND THE ROD IN SILVER ZINC AND HAD A 77 B80 THAT WAS PLATED ALSO. I HAVE NEVER OWNED A B100 I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THE SAME. THANKS

Tankman

Wow! What a nice lookin' Horse!

Well taken care of. With continued preventive maintenance this Stallion might last your Dad forever.

608KEB

That's a nice looking B-100. I have 2 and really like them.

608KEB

I bought mine from a 2nd owner. The only parts I painted was hood, 1 footboard, front axle, front attach-a-matic and muffler. The tires and rims are original. They are a little lighter than the C-series which is what I like about the B series.

post-5623-0-25336600-1356064874_thumb.jp