Sign in to follow this  
horseinaround

c120 auto

horseinaround

ok i have been searchin this site for a while now looking for the answer to my question no luck yet. Heres the run down on what i have and how it came about. I was looking for a dozer blade and axle bracket fot my 310-8 an found a c120 auto (1976) on craigslist for 300 with the blade and bracket and a 42 inch deck. i made arangements and got the tractor for 175$ knowing it had transmition issues. the 12hp kohler had a bad head gasket but still fired u part out p and ran plus it had 6" front wheels. so the bracket and the plow have been swapped to mine along with the rear and front tires.

now on to my question:

the PO said the four mounting bolts, that hold the drive assembly to the body of the tractor, had loosened up 2 fell out and 2 backed almost all the way out and let the transmission sag. How you wouldnt notice the exta play in the machine is beyond me. he stated it stopped moving rather suddenly. I have checked the pully spline, belt tention, oil level, and oil pump function. On the pump function it will push oil out of the pumpwhere the auxilary lines would go but i havent checked pressures yet. it doesnt roll freely and the wheels spin counter clock wise when blocked up in the air and the motion lever will cause pump whine and bog the motor when idleing the ecentric is adjusted and seems to work fine moving freely and oriented properly on the sunstrand model #90-1136 ser#03-rb 2015. What you all could possibly answer is how does the parking brake engage in the rear end perhaps it could have sheered off leaving it in park internally? perhaps a picture of the parking brake assembly would help? any other details you need i will find out and report back.

also whats it worth topart one out?

sorry for spelling and gramatical errors i had to hurry to eat and type this on my lunch break.

Don1977

Welcome to :rs:

Some one will be along that knows more about you tractor. There is a valve to open to get it to roll.

horseinaround

thanks don

the tow valve is closed tightly.

im now torn between the check valves springs and the parking break next step im tearing it apart. axle keys are also where they should be.