Sign in to follow this  
dbartlett1958

Hydro Foot Pedal for Snowblowing

dbartlett1958

A while back I purchased one of MattD's Hydro Foot Pedal kits for my 416, and installed it on the tractor.

Last night and today here in Maine we got between 6 and 8 inches of snow, so today I got to play with the toys, so to speak. I had never used my single stage blower on the tractor, as I picked them up last spring after the snow melted, but I had used the tractor for mowing with the original Hydro shift lever between the legs.

All I can say about the foot pedal with the snow blower is WOW, this is GREAT! The last thing I needed today was the need for a 3rd hand and arm. The foot pedal makes going back and forth and stopping just plain FUN!

Anybody on the fence about this mod needs to get off now and get one of these.

I also installed an electric motor to turn the shute on my tractor and will post a pick when I find my iPod. I wanted to take some video of the tractor in action today, but couldn't operate the iPod and the tractor at the same time by myself.

Thanks again to Matt for this great modification!

post-6729-0-68288000-1355800011_thumb.jp

post-6729-0-48926600-1355800024_thumb.jp

• Like 3

dclarke

Post up some more pics of your tractor if you can, what's the chute motor off of?... Nice work! :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Does look good...post up that video, once you grow more hands. :handgestures-thumbsup:

dbartlett1958

post-6729-0-56575400-1355889457_thumb.jp

name='dclarke' timestamp='1355829342' post='335947']

Post up some more pics of your tractor if you can, what's the chute motor off of?... Nice work! :thumbs:

dclark,

The motor is a power seat motor from Allelectronics. Not sure what car it fits. I ground down the shaft with my angle grinder with the motor turning to keep it as round and true as possible, then used a 1/4" pipe nipple to connect the motor shat to a piece of 3/8" steel rod for the auger shaft. I kept the old parts from the blower, just took the spiral gear off the crank thingy and re-used that on my home-made gizmo. That way I can put everything back if things don't hold up.

I used a DPDT momentary toggle switch to make things go left and right. So far so good Granted, it is not up to the Duke's standards, but it works. :)

.http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/DCM-563/12VDC-RIGHT-ANGLE-GEAR-HEAD-MOTOR-WITH-WORM-DRIVE/1.html

COMMANDO6

Clever mod using the motor. I use power seat motors all the time building robots (another hobby)

I wouldn't mind seeing the video if you could get it posted.

Hydro

That really looks great Dave. Did you have to do anything additional for protection from moisture?

dbartlett1958

That really looks great Dave. Did you have to do anything additional for protection from moisture?

Gary,

The motor is pretty well sealed up, so nothing fancy. We will see how long it lasts and adjust acordingly.

David

KATO

Thats very cool. being a power seat motor it shouldn't have any trouble with ice either !!!