Sign in to follow this  
glgrumpy

Won a Commando 8

glgrumpy

Won an ebay tractor for only $50. Commando 8. Have only seen pictures so far, they look pretty good. If motor is no good, at least good for parts. Wheels look kinda small. Is this smaller than a B-80 or about same tractor?

Sparky

The Commando 8 is a short frame tractor and the B-80 is a medium frame machine. I thought the tire sizes were about the same. Could it be a Commando 800 maybe :scratchead: ? I think they had the smaller rear rims (10").

Mike........

Tankman

Had a Commando 800, rear rims were 10".

chevyaddict83

Its commando 8 weekend. I just picked up a roller, with a deck from another horse, and a plow.

Sent from my 416-8

post-7863-13556970917_thumb.jpg

AMC RULES

Cool little :wh: tractors, they are. :handgestures-thumbsup:

rmaynard

Didn't see any Commando 8's on eBay today, but if you post the item number, we can look at it and answer your questions. I don't think that posting an eBay listing that is already sold is any problem.

glgrumpy

Well, guess it was an 800. Serial 01107 Item 170956945566 Tried to print a pix, but not sure how and just got the whole pages of junk and tiny pix. Says the engine runs good! Hope so, I have two B-80's and one could use an engine.

KC9KAS

glgrumpy's new tractor...

$T2eC16d,!w0E9szN,Fj3BQ)Pklcc3w~~60_57.JPG

groundhog47

glgrumpy's new tractor...

$T2eC16d,!w0E9szN,Fj3BQ)Pklcc3w~~60_57.JPG

Sweet little Welsh, :woohoo:looks like fun to be had, refurbin' or partin'. I should talk, can't renew lid on a paint can, Ha! 50 seems like a price I would run toward to get, but am by far still very inexperienced. :twocents-02cents: Edited by groundhog47

glgrumpy

Not Fair! How you get that picture??? Let me know technique, I want to do that often and get more pages of crap than I know what to do with. I'm computer Illiterate in most cases, ha! :eusa-think:

hm12460

I would love to have another nice commando 800. Wanna sell it?

Tankman

Had a Commando 800, rear rims were 10".

The Commando didn't have front headlights, I put an old lens on for show 'n tell.

Beat up 48" dozer blade I put on 'cause, no mower deck.

New owner just wanted to plow gravel and/or snow.

jay in nc

the commando 800 is one of my favorite horses! you scored big for $50 ! if you want to put bigger tires on it they will bolt up to the hubs, BUT for proper support you must change the rear hubs. heres mine with the big boy shoes. yours looks much nicer than mine was when i bought it out of asbury park nj. ebay $201 with snow plow, & 36 in rd deck.

post-4393-0-76407900-1355709101_thumb.jp

joel_400

I have a set of wheel wieghts for the ten inch wheels...if youre interested let me know. Not sure if theyre wheelhorse or not but they are cast iron.

Joel

rmaynard

Not Fair! How you get that picture??? Let me know technique, I want to do that often and get more pages of crap than I know what to do with. I'm computer Illiterate in most cases, ha! :eusa-think:

It all depends on what browser and/or what operating system you are using. I use Firefox with Windows 7. To capture an eBay image using Firefox or Chrome with XP or Windows 7, click on the picture on the eBay ad. When it opens in a separate box, right click on the image and a dialog box opens with a choice that includes "save image as". Left click on "save image as" and save it to a folder that you will remember where it is. Then upload it to RedSquare as you would any other picture.

glgrumpy

Windows 7 is what I have. Familier with those steps, but didn't seem to give me that list of "do"s there. Came up with about six other foreign to me steps, nothing about saving or printing like usual. Thought maybe epay had some blockage program? Also, when I got pix out of the printer it had bunch of epay info printed right over it. Whatever, glad you could post it for me.

glgrumpy
post-7776-0-72340300-1356141188_thumb.jpHelp! I'm cold, naked and tied up! Gonna be "new" again, all fixed up! Right! I wanna Die! New Owner...Pffffffffff!

glgrumpy

Update! Got the rig off the trailer today and went to try and start. Jumped it, no key actoin. Direct connect starter and it cranks, no spark even with key on. Wiring kind melted at switch. Then, realized it had brake/clutch safety switch. Hit the pedal and cranke and sparked. Plug back in and either, popped off easy. Runs great and NO smoke. Took for a little ride and seems nice steering and running, cept 3rd gear pops out, unless I hold lever over. Let it run awhile to see if Batt would charge. Nope! Made a noise, then fizzled. Think it's pretty shot. Put in house garage for now, out of the weather!

Sparky

Well you did good if it runs for only $50.

Congrats!

Mike..........